Wednesday, March 01, 2023

WOYWW #717

  Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Happy March! Winter is on it's way out, Spring is on it's way in! That doesn't mean we have any less snow, we just had another big storm come through, but we do know that the weather will slowly be getting warmer and not colder!

Here is my desk this morning, I've been doing a lot of stenciling and cutting out the stencils to use on my journal pages.


These are my new stencils that I just got last week. If I could afford it I would get them all (they are from the US and shipping is as much as the stencils, and all in USD, which is considerably higher than the Canadian Dollar 😒) But anyway, I am happy to have the ones I  do have. I spent much of my week stenciling with watercolour, cutting out, and doodling on them. But before I started that I made these 2 pages:

You saw this one in it's beginning stages last week, I added some stenciled cut out flowers, I made the houses happy, and added a text that came from an Instagram post I saw, where a 3 year old said goodnight to her family, then on her way to bed was overheard saying this. I couldn't resist! We should all say this to ourselves before bed!


This one uses a fancy border stamp that I have and a couple more cutout flowers, but her face looks kind of scared!


And here are the stencil cutouts I've been working on, these are my favourites so I made a lot


I thought some ravens might be nice, I still have to doodle


And these feathers used a Dollar Store cheap stencil, I love how they came out!


This is the page I made yesterday, the fancy flap covers the lady. I still have to make her face, I will try and make it happy! The word is also one of Megan Quinlan's stencils.

My DD, DSIL, and DGD are all back safely from Costa Rica, but I love these final day photos!

DD loves her jump photos, she's so good at it!


And here is the fam all together, what a peaceful lovely photo!



And finally, an end of February gift from our Hibiscus


All the more glorious with a background of snow!
Mittsy did try to eat it yesterday as it was right on her cat perch...so I had to move it!

Have a great week! Mittsy and Inky say "meow!"



12 comments:

Christine said...

Love your stencil work, I can see why you like those wavy cutouts.
Have a good week, hope your snow goes soon
Christine #15

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the stencils. Sadly the postage is a real pain. Great journal pages and the photos too. It's good to see the family enjoying time together. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x9x

Crafting With Jack said...

Great stencilling, love those feathers. I don’t order anything outside the U.K., postage and tax are too expensive . Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

Sarah Brennan said...

What a fabulous selection of journal pages Linda - you have certainly been making the most of stencils. Meow to the kitties - hope Mittsy behaves herself round the Hibiscus this week. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah#2

Helen said...

great stencils, I agree about the cost, both of the item and postage (here too) Great photo of the family on the beach, glad they are hoe safe. Helen #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lovely photos today, so bright and cheerful - the hibiscus was brave flowering while there’s snow lying on the ground! I like the stencils you’ve done especially the wavy ones!
Hugs LLJ 11xx

Neet said...

Yes, postage is always something we have to consider when we want something. It can be a pain!
Love the stencils and the work you have been doing. I do like the journal page with the saying from the little one - that is a real gem!
Glad your weather is warming up a bit and better days are ahead of you. Envious of the jumping, if only ...
Hugs, Neet 3 xx

Tracy said...

What a joy it is tooooo see what you've been up to Linda 🀩πŸ₯°πŸ˜πŸ’Ÿ❤️🀞 loving all your pages and the quote for your wee houses is perfect ⭐️ I agree we should all say that before bedπŸ’Ÿ❤️perfect it is!! Gorgeous photos with your family, all looking relaxed and happy πŸ€— the best of days! You stay cosy,sending love and hugs your way Tracy #13 xxx πŸ’•πŸŒΊπŸŒ·πŸŒΊπŸ’•πŸŒΊπŸŒ·

Susan Renshaw said...

What a wonderful set of stencils. Love your pages especially the one with the child's goodnight!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #6

Julia Dunnit said...

Wow, that’s one beautiful, hardy hibiscus! We’ve been in the Canary Islands and they are everywhere in public planting spaces, quite beautiful big bushes, pinks, reds and yellows. Couldn’t choose between them, all fascinatingly beautiful! Gosh I admire your optimising Lin about the coming Spring, I think we’re all a-bit desperate but if I was living with snow I think I’d be taking it personally by now! Lovely stencil works, I agree about the feathers, and I had to smile at your desk shot with the annotation’ some moons’, made me look!

Kelly said...

Good morning, Linda.
I have always passed up that feather stencil but you made them look inviting. So pretty. I might have to give it a 2nd look next I'm out. Maybe as a geli print? Hmmm now you have me thinking LOL. Great shot of your daughter! Oh to be that young and carefree again. Looks as if they had a great time. As Bambi would say 'pretty flower'. Creative Blessings! ~ Kelly #16

Mary Anne said...

I cannot say which stencil I love the most. The raven for sure looks fun, but oh those feathers! I am with you - there is a ton I would buy if the shipping wasn't so crazy expensive. So much stuff is prohibitively priced when you factor that in. I am in love with the foamies stamps but bulky, albeit light, they will cost a ton to cross the pond. Oh well...all your pages and pieces are fab.
Happy late WOYWW, on the week that got away from me!
Mary Anne (4)