Wednesday, February 22, 2023

WOYWW #716

  Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Hello everyone! I hope everyone is warm and happy, I know Julia is! As she is soaking up the sun, we are awaiting yet another big storm, freezing rain and snow. Can't wait! (NOT!)

Here is my desk this morning:


My little project yesterday was making these little houses from underpapers and scraps. It was fun! As you can see I'm still working on my journal and have been all week, adding some new pages and working on some older pages.

Here are some of the little houses, with a little pile of pieces to put together. I made these from a Pinterest tutorial by dianesmixedmediaart called Happy House Tutorial. I still have some finishing touches to do to make them "happy"!

Here are the pages I have worked on this week. Some have had embellishments added to them, so you may have seen them before.

I used a Jane Davenport face stencil for this page. I've had these a long time but never used them before. I think I need some practise! Hopefully I will be able to fix this page...





I added the lines to this one


The bird is my own stencil

I added the leaves to this one

I tried another Jane Davenport stencil, it looks a bit better this time



And a couple of pages I have filled in - a list of the pile of "to read" books in my bedroom...

and...

That's all my pages so far for today. Next week I should be getting some more stencils from Meghan, so I will have more to play with!

I envy all those who can sit in the sun on holiday right now, it is cold and miserable here, February seems so long because of the dreary weather we get. My Granddaughter Jasper has it made though!
Here she is in her parent's happy place - Costa Rica!

Hope everyone has a lovely week wherever you are!



8 comments:

Diana Taylor said...

The little houses are lovely and a great way of using up scraps. I love your pages too, you've certainly been busy! Hope the bad weather you are expecting is soon over.
Have a great week,
Diana xx #14

Tracy said...

Hellooo Linda 🤗 how precious your granddaughter Jasper is ⭐️loving all your pages ❤️ especially the one about I wouldn't be me if 💕 tooo those gorgeous houses ...love,love,love treasure they are!
Yooou stay safe and cosy , hoping that storm magically passes you by ... here's to warmer days to come. Sending much love and hugs your way Tracy #21 xxxxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Lovely houses, I went and had a look at the tutorial. Great backgrounds for your pages, that’s what I am going to do next so I can take a book with all the backgrounds ready to save space in the caravan. Happy WOYWW. Angela #18

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love the journal pages and how you’ve made everything your own, it really works. But my absolute favs are those little houses, they’re wonderful! The shapes and colours are perfect xx
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Helen said...

I love the happy houses! so many great journal pages, too. Love the photo of Jasper lounging away!! happy WOYWW Helen #2

Neet said...

I certainly do not envy you the weather you are having. On the other hand Jasper and our Julia have the weather I want.
Lovely journal pages and so many of them, you have been busy - and the little happy houses are adorable. I fancy those myself - might have to pop over to the link.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Don't like the sound of your weather at all. It's been a bit wet here today and cold again. Lucky Jasdper, sounds lovely where she is. Stay warm and craft Linda. Wishing you a lovely woyww creative week. Hugs, Angela x9x

BJ said...

Super little houses and love how you are going back to other pages to work on them. I've been adding to some I made 10 years ago! Hugs BJ#12