Wednesday, February 08, 2023

WOYWW #714

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


I was all ready to write my blog last week, and couldn't download (upload?) any photos. Grrrr. So I tried again on Thursday and was successful, so I thought I would combine the two weeks into one.
Warning - long post!

Feb 1, 2023

Happy February! The longest (shortest) month of the year. It just seems to go on forever! We have had a lot of snow recently, pics to come, but first my desk:


After finishing my new art journal signatures I worked in my Donna Downy journal and my little red journal using fodder from the past week. The little cat dies were a Christmas present - so cute!


Here is the page from the little red journal, the background is underpaper from previous fodder making.

I finally (started before Christmas) finished my signatures for my new art journal from Megan Quinlan's workshop! It took a lot of practice, but after getting through 12 giant pages I think I finally got the hang of it. So I cut them and here they are piled in 3 signatures:


Next step - the cover.

And as promised...Snow!...our bird feeders...

and our front yard. The snow has pretty much buried our fence.



Here is a puzzle for today:
Can you find Inky and Mittsy?



And now for Part 2: Feb. 8, 2023

Happy 18th Blogiversary to me! As of last Sunday, I have been writing this blog for 18 years! It's hard to believe! But if it weren't for this wonderful group, I probably would have given up on it years ago, so Thank You All!!!

My desk this morning:


I had a very busy week this week working on my new journal from Megan Quinlan's JIYA workshop. Time just flew by! 
First I completed my cover, except for some text, which I'm sure will come to me at some point.

The face was made with a stencil - Jane Davenport I think? I bought these years ago and had never used them. I used the same stencil, flipped, on the page I am working on on my desk. Once I finished the cover I was excited to start working inside, and this is my first page:

Then I bounced around inside, preparing pages with Megan's prompts. This was how I did my travel journals, I don't know why I never though to do it with a regular journal! Here are the pages I did this week:







In this one I used my new mouse choir stamp from our own Tracy Easson! 

The pages are now ready to write on, or add things to as I go along, and I will continue to add more and more pages as I go with her prompts.

If you got this far you deserve a star! Thank you for hanging in!

Have a great week,




11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hello Linda, I so enjoyed reading both weeks. Like you I almost blogged last week but life interrupted, as it does, and I had to abandon all plans. Those cat dies could have been made especially for you. You cats are doing their best to be camouflaged but I spotted them no problem. Mine is sound asleep beside me on the sofa right now. She's my little shadow. Have a lovely week, Elizabeth x #15

Sarah Brennan said...

What fabulous pages in your journal Linda and a massive congratulations for 18 years blogging! Love how one of the kitties hides underneath the chair and the other camoflages herself on the back. Meow to them both. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lots to celebrate on your blog today, congratulations on the 18 years! Love the cat dies, perfect for you, they look just like Inky and Mittsy from the back. Bet they haven’t been out in all that snow yet.
Hugs LLJ 5 xx

Helen said...

Double bubble this week - love the signatures and the latest pages. You've bee busy! no wonder with the snow, best place is indoors! I've just heard we might get a load of snow later this month, I do hope not! The lion is fab, isn't he! Have a good week, Helen #3

Crafting With Jack said...

Great journal pages and I spotted Inky and Mittsy. We didn’t have much snow this year, so far anyway. Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

My name is Cindy said...

Wow you did get a lot of snow!! Loved the hide and seek cats - just about found them both! You have been so busy with those journal pages they are fab. Thanks for your earlier visit, have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #4

Neet said...

Struggling with my neck which is why I am so late visiting, sorry.
My words you have been busy and created some lovely art along the way. I love the look of the new signatures, am excited for the cover.
Found the cats in your picture and must say the diecuts are fabulous for you with your two. Perfect!
Hugs, neet 6 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Lovely lovey to see your two posts, isn’t technology weird, one day you can’t post and another day you can! The snow, argh, that’s a lot!i hope you get a break from it, the cold seems never ending. Mention of your Donna Downey journal made me wander off and look her up again, she’s changed and come a long way! Love the cover of your JIYA journal, it’s really lovely, that gorgeous face. And fun to see your pages ready for use…love how you’ve been ‘bouncing’ around!

Mary Anne said...

Lovely catch-up on all your doings. Oh my but that journal is to die for - all those lovely soft and muted colour and such a pile o'signatures! Fab indeed. But SNOW? oh my. I am hoping we are over the danger of that this year, here. Too much travel stuff going on upcoming. An yes, now I, too, have to go see what DD is up to ... that'll be a rabbut hole for sure!
Best intentions last Weds., total fail!
Mary Anne (2)

BJ said...

Oh my seriously late this week - every time I sat down to the PC to do my replies something cropped up and life ran away from me...
Oh Love Love Love how you have prepared your pages what a super idea they are just inviting you to fill them in now. Love the snow photos.
Hugs BJ#11

Crafting With Jack said...

Well done for knowing the mystery item, I guessed rather than knew it had something to with Chinese painting because there were some paints in flat dishes and a Chinese brush. There was also something that I thought was a paintbrush rest, but have since found out it is an ink stick. They all belonged to my mother, but I didn’t know she had tried Chinese painting.