Wednesday, January 25, 2023

WOYWW #712

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Hello everyone! It's so nice to be here and feeling better. I'm almost back to normal except for a little bit of coughing and rapid loss of energy, but that's OK, I seem to be getting a few things done anyway. First, my desk. Not very active today, but I had just finished putting tacky glue on the backs of 2 sets of letter stamps which can be time consuming! The date stamp on my desk used to be on a roller, but we now have surpassed the last year on the stamp so I cut it off and thought it my look good as a regular stamp with all those numbers, so it has had it's tacky glue and is now drying. While tidying this week I found  a stamp that I had thought I had lost forever, over a year ago. But when I lifted the phone book I had been using as under papers, there it was, stuck to the bottom! Never give up!

I got the Tim Holtz Bird die for my birthday, looking forward to playing with it!

Here is the view behind my chair, all of this stuff had been sitting on a floor in a big tipsy pile, hard to find anything, and now it looks like this! Much better!

When my DD stayed for week at the beginning of January, she needed space in her room to work, as she worked from home all week, so there was a lovely expanse of new desk! I am using it to stencil my journal pages, I have 2 papers left and then I can start cutting them up. It's very handy to have this second workspace!

A couple of weeks ago Mittsy knocked over my precious pottery creche, and now I am slowly gluing it back together.

Hopefully it will be as good (almost) as new.

I will leave you with a photo of my granddaughter, just settling in for a nice read...did I mention she was advanced for her age? She looks excited to start this great book!

Well that's it for me today, we are hunkering down once again waiting for "significant snowfall", we will believe it when we see it. Sometimes it peters out before it gets to us!

Mittsy and Inky say "meow" and I say have a great week! I can't believe it's almost February already!



12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m glad you’re feeling better and up to a little light tidying and sorting, the area looks so much better now! And hooray for finding the lost stamp, have you put it somewhere ‘safe’ now? Lol Hope the snow is minor rather than significant and doens’t impact you too much. Loved the pic o Jasper and the book, you can’t start them too young!!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

I am glad you are starting to feel better, but take it easy for a while. Extra work space is always welcome. Good luck with the glueing, I hope it looks as good as new when you are finished. Happy WOYWW . Angela #12

Christine said...

Well done you for clearing the space behind you chair, what a difference and it will be so easy to find 'things'.
Love the photo of your grandaughter, the best book to look at . . . I have a couple of Paris and look through them often.
Glad you're feeling better, don't rush back as it can take ages for the tiredness to disappear
Have a good week
Christine #19

Tracy said...

Hellooo Linda,Mittsy and Inky 🤗 I'm so glad to read you're starting to feel much better though mind and take it easy for a bit. Whooping for you at finding the missing stamp 🤸 I know how it feels when you think you've lost a favourite. Oh my good luck with the pottery ⭐️Beautiful photo of your granddaughter ❤ I hope the snow flits on past your part of the world! Sending love and hugs your way Tracy #21 xxxx

Helen said...

Glad that you are feeling somewhat better and improve more , quickly. I hope you are able to repair the pottery. Quite a challenge. Happy WOYWW and thanks for stopping by. Yes, our robins are quite small compared to yours. Helen #2

Robyn said...

I've been caring for my granddaughter just 10 months! and the only time she has a small fit is when we stop reading her books! DD is attempting to get into a montessori school- fun oct - Mari Montessosri and I have the same birthday- keep your fingers crossed! Robyn 3

Diana Taylor said...

Sorry to hear you have been unwell but glad you are feeling a lot better and getting things done. I envy you a second workspace - how lovely to have all that extra room for bigger projects - I'd love to keep my painty stuff separate from the sewing stuff! Love the picture of your granddaughter with the book - they are never to young to start learning to love books!
Hope you have a good week,
Diana xx #15

Neet said...

Good that you are starting to feel a bit better, hope it continues.
Congrats on having such an advanced grand daughter. She certainly looks at home with the book.
Love how tidy you are with your crafting.
Love the story of the found stamp.
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry I'm so late but pleased to hear you're feeling a bit better. Cats and dogs can be very naughty. Only today our new puppy decided he didn't want to be in his crate and knocked the water dish over and it went every where, he is so naughty but we love him all the same. Wishing you a lovely belated WOYWW, Angela x10x

Caro said...

So glad you are feeling a little better and that your craft space is now tidier for you to be able to enjoy. That picture of your granddaughter is adorable. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care of yourself, with love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#17)

Kyla said...

Glad you are starting to feel better. Brilliant idea with cutting up the date stamp, I so wouldn't have thought of doing that. Fair play for slowly mending the broken statue, must admit I tend to go via the japanese route of kintsugi and add some gold to the glue (as its quicker, so I take my hat off to you for the repairing you are doing). Loving the wee one with the book too, gorgeous.
Thanks for visiting my desk already
kyla

Mary Anne said...

Oh this was such a lovely post. So much to read, so much interesting stuff to comment on, where to begin?? Happy to hear you are feeling better and what a sweet baby. I am always cutting up my stamps too, NO FEAR! LOL! So sad to hear about the creche! Hope you can repair it. But finding the long lost stamp has to help. I had the same thing happen, but mine was stuck to the bottom of the plastic bin that housed all similar stamps. How I every located it there I do not know. Well, that hits the high points an I still have a few to squeeze in before tomorrow.
happy WOYWW! Still hopping - determined to finish!
Mary Anne (5)