Wednesday, January 18, 2023

WOYWW #711

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I posted. I was in Toronto for awhile having Christmas with the family, and then, for the first 2 weeks of 2023 I was very sick. I think I caught a bad cold which went straight to my chest while babysitting Jasper for the first week of January. She was just getting over it (not covid) and somehow I picked it up. No one else got sick, but I am just now recovering. Needless to say, I haven't done any art since before Christmas, and this is my desk this morning:


What a mess! I am slowly trying to organize (again - seems to always happen in January) all the stuff that has accumulated on the floor behind my chair, which was just piled up, ready to topple at any moment. So I thought carts on wheels might be a good solution:


I like this because I can move things around. I may get one more small cart like the one in the photo. The first metal cart is one I had hanging around and forgot that I had, so I pulled it out. Not perfect, but holds my big box of stencils and misc. on top within my reach, so good. I have to figure out the skinny drawers below the top section. They may just hold collage fodder.

So this is what is next once all the tidying is done:


I have only finished that top piece for my new art journal from my class from Megan Quinlan. Hopefully I will have more to show next week.

Here is my Mom having lunch with me at our favourite Vietnamese restaurant called Mekong. It is my favourite day of the week because I get to have lunch with this wonderful person. We go every week, but hadn't gone since before Christmas, so this was a very special day, getting back to "normal".


So that's it for me, hopefully will be fully recovered by next week! Mittsy and Inky are watching the Snow Buntings at the feeder from their nice warm perch inside, away from the snow and freezing rain. Have a great week!





9 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Don’t try to rush back to normal life, take your time to convalesce properly, it took me four weeks to get over the virus I had and I still don’t have much oomph now tbh. I’m really glad that you had such a good time with the family though, and your mum is looking great!! Good luck with the tidying!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

Tidying up seems an on going activity, as is reorganising! I am determined to use up things that I have had for years. Today was going to be the start, but I am not having a good day, heath wise, maybe tomorrow 🙈🙈 How lovely to go out with your mother. Happy WOYWW. Angela #12

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better Linda - sounds like the bug that has been doing the rounds over here too (Cough/chesty but not Covid). I love a good unit on wheels and have four to my shame - they are great for storage. Love the pages for your new journal. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

I am sorry you have started the year by being so poorly, but glad you are well enough to join us again. your mum's dinner looks really yummy! Take care and stay well Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, great to see you. That awful chest infection seems to be around here too. Lovely to see your mum she looks really well. Those wheelie carts are so useful, I have one in the cabin, one in my sewing room and one in the conservatory where I make my cards. Wishing you a happy belated woyww, Angela x11xx

Mary Anne said...

Oh my it does stink to begin the year unwell. Us too, here at Chez Walters. Covid struck and Christmas was pretty awful, but at least we were all together. Your Mom looks happy - I would be too as Vietnamese food is a firm favourite. We loved a place in the US called The Queen Bee, and man I miss it still. Lookng forward to seeing more of your journal project. Honestly, we WOYWWers are a crazy busy lot, aren't we? every desk is full of inspiration!
Feel better soon and HAPPY WOYWW!
Mary Anne (4)

Julia Dunnit said...

Poor Linda, that’s a long time to be unwell, don’t underestimate the length of time you’ll need to recover. The cold freezy weather won’t help much too. Glad that you’ve managed to resume a weekly lunch with your wonderful Mom, what a treat for you, will make you feel better just getting back to seeing her regularly, huh. I have to confess that I have a trolley with three tiers and really only use the top tray….there’s stuff in the others but I rarely make the effort to look in them….don’t be like me! Have a great week. Off to Google ‘snow buntings’ because I’ve never heard of them!

Christine said...

Poor you, take your time getting back to 'normal', your mind might tell you you're well but check with your body . . .
your Mom looks good, I bet your both have a great catchup over the meal.
I hope to make some prints with my gelli plate this week, Mary Anne has inspired me!!
Take care, rest as much as you like
Christine #18

Susan Renshaw said...

Hope things improve for you soon...and that you will be working on that craft desk!
It is difficult to get back to normal after holidays/illness/commitments... I am happy to have my craft room back after it was used as a bedroom over Christmas.
Happy WOYWW! Susan #8