Wednesday, March 22, 2023

WOYWW #720

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Spring has finally arrived! Someone just needs to tell the snow to go away! The birds are chirping, which is always nice to hear.

I have been sick since the weekend, so nothing has been done since then, but here is my desk this morning, pretty quiet:


I did get a few things done last week before I got sick. Do you remember this? I really disliked this page...


And here it is now...




I like this much better!


A friend and I went to the only stamp store we have in our city last week, and I got a Dina Wakely stamp set, some blank stencil sheets, and a couple of chip board dragonflies and twigs which I am sure will come in handy one day!  


So of course I had to use the stamps right away! 


I also worked on my Fodder School 1 lesson on incorporating your handwriting into your journals, wild writing, secret writing, it's all fun, so I practiced here...

and here behind the stamped words...

and here inside a flower in my tiny art journal


I really like the effect!

Well that's it for me, I'm going to grab a muffin and some coffee and rest, hopefully this cold will be gone soon! Isn't getting sick while retired lovely! No stress on getting back to work before completely better! Love it! 

Take care, enjoy your Spring, the kitties say "meow" and they can't wait to get outside!




8 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I agree wholeheartedly with you about allowing yourself time to get over things properly but being retired definitely helps! There are so many colds and viruses going around here as well, even Covid is starting to circulate once again. I like the Frida Kahlo stamps you got, her image is everywhere at the moment!
Hugs LLJ 4 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Looks like you have managed to do loads despite feeling poorly Linda. Do hope you are better soon though. Fabulous pages! Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

Sorry you've been sick, hope you recover soon. You've been busy even so. Love how you rescued the page you didn't like! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, sorry to hear you've not been feeling too good. Loving the new stash though and well done with the change of that journal page too. Take care and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x5x

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I’m sorry you’re not well, I wasted a week with a bad cold and I’m still resentful! Love the amended journal page, amazing how adding colour to the eyes changed her look and then the badass Wonder Woman type crown was a stroke of genius! Love your choice of Dina Wakely stamps and what you’ve done with them, I bent they’ll get a lot of use in your hands. Feel better very soon now. Xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Well done on persevering with that page. Sometimes you just have to walk away for a while. You inspired me to get the “make your own stamp” kit I have had for years. My granddaughter did most of the work getting the background off. I struggled with getting smooth curves so I wasn’t terrible happy with the result. I guess I expected perfect results on my first go! There were two pieces in the kit so I can have another go. The tool that came with the kit is v shaped. A belated happy WOYWW. Angela #8

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Such a fun post. And I can read it easily ! I love the new stamps you have purchased, and the cute way you have used them. How can you get Spring before USA? wow. we had 3 in snow AGAIN last night just got roads firmed up and drivable. Snow plow out on Hiways now. We have no green/flowers or walking. ENJOY that sunshine and outdoor fun.

Susan Renshaw said...

So much inspiration here! I must try to use more writing in my journals!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #6