Wednesday, October 27, 2021

WOYWW #647

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group! 

Hello everyone! I hope your week is going well. We finally have a respite today of a few days of solid miserable rain and cold. Brr! We should have a fairly sunny day today, but, since it's Fall, still chilly out there!

Here's my desk taken last night when I thought I was done for the day:


But I was too excited to get this pop up page done that I worked on it a bit later when everything was dry. This is a project from Marjie Kemper, in an Altered Book. I love working in Altered Books but haven't done it in quite awhile, since we stopped meeting in our little group. We used to send altered books in rounds in the post, but the postage got too high and we had to stop. So I was happy to do this page in my Dictionary Altered Book, A for Asia 





I had quite the time with that pop-up, I had to re-do it entirely once, then the first time I glued it in, it stuck out the side of the book! So I had to cut it out and re-glue it. All learning curves! I would love to make another one, maybe further along in the book. 

On Saturday, Hubby and I went for a long "leaf tour", as he calls it, but sadly we were about a week too late and most of the colour was gone, except this awesome tree in Perth, Ontario!


We went there for our Anniversary Dinner, to a lovely German Restaurant that we've been going to for years (it's about 1 1/2 hours from home) called Maximillians. Since I am on a Low-Carb diet, my menu choices were slim, but I did get this!

Smoked Salmon Appetizer


Sausages with sautéed veggies

I only ate one sausage, but most of the veggies!
I also took this eerie photo: (I inverted the colours!)


Last week I mentioned that I had cut down my hibiscus, but saved all the branches with flower buds hoping they would bloom, and so far they are!

And now for the cats, and their favourite sleeping spots...



she likes her privacy!


Well  that's it for us today! We hope you have a wonderful week, Mittsy and Inky say "meow!"



14 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Postage can be so expensive these days! The altered book is fun though I’m sorry you had an issue with that page. Fun to get out and about, your meal looked lovely, how are you doing on the low carb diet?
Hugs
LLJ 4 xx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for your visit and I love your post. "Happy Anniversary" your time together and food looks great. Oh it's bitter ugly weather here right now, heat is on and I am bundled up. You really gave me some inspiration to do a journal for myself. I enjoy my creating time but seem not to take much of it anymore. I love the pages you shared. And postage is out of hand. Costs more in shipping then whatever I order! We are now very limited for most anything within 40 miles. except groceries and restaurants (but you need to call ahead as they sometimes don't have help or just close for a break) And traveling 40 miles one way shopping 3 stores and returning takes most of the day. We live in a sad America. You have a great week and enjoy what's left of FALL.

Helen said...

what a fab altered book - such a shame you had to stop sending them round your group in the post - it does cost so much these days! Your anniversary meal sounds fab, too. Have a great week Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Thank you so much for the Leto info, much appreciated!
LLJ xxx

Shoshi said...

Your altered book is lovely, Linda, and your pop-up page is stunning. I love the muted colour scheme and the oriental vibe. Beautiful. Lovely to see the kitties in their favourite places! Lily has a couple of favourite paces (apart from being on my legs) that she rotates between, but Ruby sticks to one for several weeks and then for no apparent reason abandons it and goes back to a different one! She hasn't been on my neck pillow for weeks, and at one time I couldn't get her off it! They are funny with their odd little habits, aren't they. Anyway, lovely to see your two girlies as always!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #13

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving the latest pages Linda - that pop up was worth all the trouble. The meal looks delicious. Meow to the kitties. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

Mary Anne said...

I'm with you on so many things :) Love interactive pages and the pop out is very cool, love German food (thumbs up for saurkraut!) and low-carb cooking is a fun challenge. Not so much of a cat person, if I'm honest, but my son is and Ive gained an appreciation for the little lovelies thanks to him and WOYWW. Hitting alll the notes this week LOL! Happy anniversary a bit late (actually, maybe even AGAIN) and

Happy WOYWW, back to being a day late today
Mary Anne (1)

Diana Taylor said...

I love your Asian themed pages - the little lanterns along the top are gorgeous and the pop up is great. I love the colour palette too.
Hope you have a great week,
Diana xx #16

Susan Renshaw said...

That's a great page (with the pop up) in your altered book. Love the colour scheme.
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #17
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Julia Dunnit said...

Well that hibiscus is behaving rather beautifully isn’t it! a marvellous. Congrats on your anniversary, nice to take time out together, even if the leaves were a bit further on that’s you expected. Oh well! I’ve made a couple of pop up cards with the same problem…sticking out of the edge, so I feel your pain. But it’s been worth it, that page is wonderful. Love the fortune cookies and that you’ve taken the trouble to include fortunes! Am dreading the onset of dark and wet, it is coming, our clocks go back to winter hours this weekend.

Spyder said...

Definitely an eerie photo! I took one once and there was a misty shaow over it that wasn't there when I took it! The flowers did turn out lovely, I bet you're pleased you 'saved' them! Sorry I'm late, oh, and I have to save your message from the spam again...I don't know why you get put in there! Stay safe, Happy WOYWW?! ((Lyn))20

Shoshi said...

Thanks for your visit, Linda. I appreciate your comments about the gap between the patchwork pieces. I was just following the tutorial, and personally I rather like the gap that makes a distinction between the pieces, but a faux or real stitched outline would serve as well! If you do some, please do post them so I can see and compare! I did some more yesterday and put gold between, which is fabulous. Thank you so much for your enthusiastic response to my good news about being an ex-oncology patient! It is a relief. I got discharged much more quickly this time than I did with my first cancer. I shall now just have occasional appointments with the Breast Unit. The kitties are funny with their little habits, aren't they! I'm like you and move around too much at night and don't sleep well but the kitties love sleeping all over my hubby! Ruby hasn't been on my neck pillow for weeks now, but I expect she'll remember about it again in due course and adopt it once more. She likes to do the rounds. THe cat tree is out of favour at the moment as well!

Shoshi x #13

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the photographs of your cats. Those pages look great too. Have you thought of making add ins for altered books? Not so heavy for postage. A belated happy WOYWW Angela #9

Empire of the Cat said...

Oh I LOVE your altered book. It's so sad that the postage increases have caused us to stop sending happy mail to other people the way we used to, the costs here are getting ridiculous. Loved seeing your kitties, what little cuties. Mine are in total hibernation mode now lol Happy belated WOYWW! October was a busy month, still catching up. Elle #6 this week