Wednesday, October 20, 2021

WOYWW #646

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group! 

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying the Fall (Spring) weather! Personally, I'm freezing. Hubby thinks it's funny. He's not cold, just me. Just like in the heat and humidity of summer he complains about the humidity, but I don't feel it. I love summer! He loves fall. Today is our 37th wedding anniversary! Somehow we are still together, having different favourite seasons!

Here is my desk this morning. I was making a Belated Birthday card for a dear friend. It looks very neat. I must have put everything away! I'm letting the glitter dry overnight.


I also made hubby's Anniversary Card yesterday:


I finished the project of the Month for my Marjie Kemper group this week, using Oxides:


And I finally finished unmounting and storing all my mounted and clear stamps! I have well over 1000 stamps, and remember almost all of them! I've never bought a stamp I already have!





They are, as you can see, divided into topics.(The one that says Photos is Words #3) I don't really care what company they are from, I like to mix and match my stamps, but if I know where they are from I write it on the paper that covers the stamp. I was making my own pocket pages until my sewing machine gave out, and now I'm using bought pocket pages that fit most stamps except the really big ones, I use photo pockets for those. I needed something to give strength to the pockets, so they are stapled onto magnetic picture pages that I also cut up and use to stick the stamps onto. This one is brown, most are white.


So with that finally done, I can buy new stamps! Yay!

Fall means bringing the indoor plants back indoors, sadly (for the plants, they love being outside!). My hibiscus grew like crazy, so Hubby pruned it so it would fit in the house, but at the end of almost every branch, was a bud! Some of you may remember a few years ago I was moaning that this plant hadn't flowered in 20 years. The secret is fertilizer! Hibiscus plants love fertilizer! Anyway, I put all the branches in a vase, hoping that all those wonderful buds will bloom. I'm crossing my fingers!


And here are the plants back in the Living room, it's like a Tropical Forest!

Hopefully the cats will enjoy the plants over the winter a much as we will.

Well that's it for today, we are off to see a play tonight in celebration of our Anniversary! Mittsy and Inky say "meow" and I day have a great week!




9 comments:

Helen said...

Evening (here anyway) Linda - the hibiscus indoors looks amazing! Hope the buds come out! well done on finishing stamps. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

So organised Linda, it's all looking good. Happy wedding anniversary to you both too. We have two Hibiscus in the garden but I think I will need to move one of them as it has got covered by another plant and isn't growing very well. I have to say the flowers are gorgeous. Hope the kitties don't object to the arrival of the new Tropical Forest. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. hugs, Angela x12x

Shoshi said...

Your stamp collection is impressive, Linda, as is your storage system. Great work. You must have a phenomenal memory, remembering all those stamps! I thought I had a lot but my paltry little collection pales into insignificance compared with yours!

Sorry not to see any pics of Inky or Mittsy this week. Please give them a cuddle from me.

Happy WOYWW from Shoshi and the 2 little ladies who send purrs and meows.
Shoshi x #9

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy belated anniversary Linda. well done getting all those stamps finally unmounted and stored - such organisation. Hope the hibiscus buds flower for you. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Mary Anne said...

Holy Guacamole! Your stamps, and all so perfectly organized, -amazing. Love the card and another Happy Anniversary to you both. We have a magnolia tree in the front garden that stops traffic - for photos. Always spotting folks parked up and out at the foot of the drive to snap a shot. I just commented elsewhere that I really should unmount all my mounted stamps but it is such a huge job, and the muscle memory I have of where things are in their wood mounted state would make me carry on gong back to where they were for possibly months! That's my excuse for putting it off :D

Happy WOYWW, a little late but all jabbed!
Mary Anne (2)

Susan Renshaw said...

Great stamp organisation!
Lovely card and Oxide page!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #5

Caro said...

Your stamp organisation looks amazing! Happy Anniversary! Loving the page and the card. Happy Belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. Love & God Bless, Caro xxx

Shoshi said...

Thank you for your return visit, Linda. Yes please, more photos of Inky and Mittsy! I always say they are Lily and Ruby's penpals in Canada. Scritches will be delivered when they are next on my lap! So glad you like my butterfly cards. They were really fun to make. I love butterflies and am so thrilled with this new set.

See you on Wednesday, God willing!
Shoshi x #9

Spyder said...

Yay for the new folders for more stamps
, I'm sort of doing the same thing with dies, the small ones are in little pockets and the large ones....but I'm still working on it! Sorry I'm late, was sure I'd been! Happy Late WOYWW
((Lyn)) #16