Wednesday, October 06, 2021

WOYWW #644

  Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group! 

Hello to everyone out in cyberland! I hope you are all well, and starting to enjoy the Fall (or Spring) season! This weekend is our Thanksgiving, and since everyone is vaccinated we are so happy to be hosting it this year! We haven't had a proper Thanksgiving for a couple of years now, so this will be awesome! There are only 6 of us (plus little Jasper), so well under the limit of 25 in Ontario. 

So this week, here is my desk:

I am making "things that will fit in my hand" for my Marjie Kemper challenge this month, starting off with tickets and coins. I will either make a ton of these, or choose something else that will fit in my hand...


It's the first week of October, here is the view from my Office window, and a bunch of garden pics:

My cherry tomato plants were prolific this year, but now their time is up...

My hibiscus has been blooming all summer, and there are still little buds on the end of each branch! This is from a plant that only flowered a couple of times in the last 2 years, after 20 years of no flowers! I think it must be happy now...we will need to bring this massive plant indoors soon...


And this one is still going strong, I can't remember the name but it has been super prolific all summer, and is a tropical plant, so either  I bring it in over the winter, or let it die...seems so mean...but have so few windows in our house! And it's so big!

And yes, the leaves are indeed starting to fall...


 The cats are still happy to go out, the temperatures aren't a lot cooler, and they are probably a lot more comfortable. They do like to drop in from time to time throughout the day so say "hi!". They get a good brushing every evening, especially since SIL is allergic to cats, I'm trying to keep the hair down as much as possible. They love it!

Here is Inky in her favourite spot... 



While Mittsy is "out and about!"

I hope everyone has a lovely week, and that all my Canadian friends have a wonderful holiday. Stay safe! Inky and Mittsy say "meow"! 



7 comments:

Shoshi said...

Hi Linda and the kitties! Glad you are enjoying the autumn. For me it's a beautiful season with the falling leaves and the departure of too much heat! I love your little "fit in the hand" projects. What an interesting challenge.

Thank you for your visit - I am feeling tons better. I think I've done really well with my treatment overall and things can only get better now!! I'm glad you liked my butterfly cards - I had no intention of making anything like that when I went in the studio that day. Really ad hoc butterflies. The tofu really is delicious, and it's not actually that much work, especially if you enjoy cooking.

The contented kitties send purrs to you and Inky and Mittsy.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #13

Helen said...

Evening Linda! I hope you manage to over-winter your plants, they have been so good this year! I like your pile of tickets you made. Have a good Thanksgiving - how exciting to be able to host it after a couple of years. Enjoy! Helen #2

Empire of the Cat said...

Meow to Inky and Mittsy, Inky looks very comfy in that chair, one of mine has a similar spot and that's her preferred sleeping area. I had to laugh at "before I remembered I had a ticket die" as I just remembered I have one too after reading that haha. Happy WOYWW! Elle #21, EOTC

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, bet you thought I'd got lost but just needed to get some more gardening done and then a friend asked us to pop over and before you know it's time for bed Lol! Not surprised you forget what you've got if you're like me, sadly I sometimes forget and buy another which is not good. Good to see the kitties too. Wishing you a lovely creative woyww, Angela xXx

Lunch Lady Jan said...

At least you remembered about the ticket stamped etc halfway through and not right at the end!! They’re great fun, loved the autumn colours and the skeleton! Wow, your garden is still looking great, all my veggies are now finished but I’ve still got a lot of flowers on the go. Have fun at your Thanksgiving weekend, how wonderful that you can have all the family together, the best thing ever!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy Thanksgiving Linda and how great to be able to properly celebrate with family this year. Meow to the kitties and have fun with the rest of your project - I do like those tickets. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Crafting With Jack said...

Happy Thanksgiving Linda and a belated happy WOYWW too. The time has gone so fast this past week, apologies for the late visit. Angela #8