Wednesday, December 14, 2022

WOYWW #706

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Hello all! Hope you are all enjoying the Season, as they say! I finally got all my Christmas Cards made and mailed out yesterday. Some will be late, I'm sure! I did do a mass card making, all pretty much the same. I wanted to try an idea using the technique I've been working on for my Art Journal Workshop, so here is the first part:


Looks like a total mess! My thought was to tone it down with stenciling as I did my journal pages, so I tried it just along the bottom, and made a few cards, then decided I didn't like it because it covered too much of the stencil.



Couldn't really see what the stencil was. So I just painted the rest of the page with a dry brush and white paint, then sprayed it all with gold spray (I sprayed the stenciled one too), I really liked this effect so that is what I used for the rest of the cards. And I gave it a bit of spatter with white paint.



So this was my desk yesterday morning:


Today there is essentially nothing on it.

I wanted to show you my "powder room" which I always decorate for Christmas. It is where my Christmas Mice live, and collections of past cards by me and my friends.





This garland is handmade from years ago when I  was in a 12 days of Christmas Swap (when postage was affordable!) It was such a fun swap and I still have many of the handmade gifts that were sent.

Well, that's it for me! The kitties are hunkered down somewhere warm in the house - it's very cold outside! But I'm sure they wish you all a Merry Christmas! Have a great week!





11 comments:

Lynnecrafts said...

Your cards are lovely and your Christmas mice are adorable. Bella asks if you do them wrapped in bacon!
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 14

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, what a lovely post! I enjoyed seeing your fab Christmas crafting and your lovely decorations, especially the powder room! I don’t blame the cats for staying indoors, that’s what I’m doing too ☃️❄️🎉🥃
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Helen said...

Love the cards! The decorations look good too, very little room for much here (one year, I will clear and de-clutter.... ha ha ) Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, I'm late today as we've been out for a change which was nice. Loving your cards and how you used the technique. Everything is looking very festive and the kitty pics are lovely. Don't blame your cats for staying where it's warm, very sensible. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x10x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Fun photos, love your powder room decor. I too decorate guest bathroom. Well really most everyroom !!! Your background colors were great with all the extras that you did Card turned out nice.
I made some mailable ones *no thickness* now misplaced them...some days. Enjoy the weekend. We missed most of the past few days storms, but sounds like tomorrow may be heavy snow. So I can search out my cards I guess.

Sarah Brennan said...

Love those cards. What a wonderfully decorated powder room Linda - such delightful decorations. Hope the cats don't get the mice lol. Meow to them both. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW Sarah #2

Christine said...

What a gorgeous display and how brill to be able to 'sit' and look at them closer.
Love the altered background, looks perfect on your cards.
Christine #12

BJ said...

Love what you did with the backing paper, super job. BJ#13

Crafting With Jack said...

Your finished master board and your cards look great. Love the framed cards/collages and cute mice in your powder room.. have a lovely weekend. A belated happy WOYWW. Angela #5

Therese said...

Love your hand decorated paper! Always steps up the artistic quality of your cards!! Good on you for getting your cards done. Mine are all on their way as well. Wishing you and yours are great Christmas! It is getting cold here and will likely stay until the new year!! HUGS!!! Therese

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah Linda, I’m sorry I late, the week has really run away with me again! I love the background, with and without the stencil, and I thing the spray of gold was a fab addition, not sure I’d have thought of that. It’s made a lovely number of great cards! I really love the Powder Room decorations, the framed cards is another great idea, the mice are so sweet! Late as it is, I’m now looking at my ‘powder room’ with a decorators eye!! You are an influence! To answer your question about Bread Sauce…it’s literally a white sauce made from a roux and then milk, and at some point you add chunks of white bread to it, it thickens and fills. Serve. Bleurgh. Mum used to add a softened onion to it as well, but it did nothing for me, I can tell you. I wonder if it came from the war years when food was hard to come by so they filled up on bread etc and making the sauce was a way to not waste the crusts and stale bits. Makes me shudder! The picture shows a tray of homemade mice pies, a Christmas staple in Britain. It’s not meat, the ‘mince’ is dried fruit like sultanas and currants, spices like cinammon, cherries, sometimes apple, a bit of sherry to plump up the fruit and traditionally, a bit of suet, a small spoonful in each pastry piece with a lid. I love them, but these days I don’t use suet. Some good recipes online, BBC good food website is a good resource if you have time for a look!