Wednesday, December 21, 2022

WOYWW #707

  Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Happy Winter Solstice! It arrives at 4:47pm, the shortest day of the year. From now on the days get longer!

Here is my desk this morning...


not a lot happening here! I was working on a little project yesterday, but it will probably get abandoned. It's sitting just above the Black ink pad. I was trying to incorporate some essential oils to it, but hubby didn't like any of the scents, and as it was supposed to go in the car, I may have to go and buy more scents.

I did, however, buy myself a little present of a cookie press and made these for the first time ever. It was a lot of fun! And they are so cute! I might even make some more today...


Not a long post today, hoping all of you have a wonderful Christmas. Mother Nature is seeing that here in Southern Canada and lots of the USA, we will be getting a White Christmas this weekend, along with rain, and flash freezing... I'm hoping it just stays away on our travel days!

Because of this little rascal, the first 2 feet of our tree has nothing on it...Inky just likes to sit and stare at it, and see what trouble Mittsy is getting onto! Just like a big sister!

Merry Christmas, have a wonderful holiday with family and friends, or if you are on your own, know that there are people out there who care about you and wish you happiness and peace. Enjoy!









12 comments:

BJ said...

Ah yes Winter Solstice = son's birthday, and yes good to think the days will be getting longer here on out. Super cookies, cheeky cat! Sending Christmas Warmth and Hugs BJK#9

Annie said...

Your cookies look amazing...I need to make some now :-)
I look forward to longer days from now on.
Hoping you have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

Neet said...

I love how your tree has to have a bare bottom (excuse the wording) but some cats will be cats I guess.
Hope the weather is kind for you on your days of travel.
Hugs & Merry Christmas, Neet 2 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, that's a good thought that the days will now get longer. I so want those cookies they look scrummmmmeeeee! We had several days of deep frost but no snow and now it's warmed up a bit but don't know for how long. Oh my! cats and trees, they don't go together. My friend decided it was easier to lay their tree down before going to bed as it always ended up there anyway Lol! We're going over to make my mum Christmas dinner but otherwise it will probably be a quiet one. I hope your Christmas is full of smiles. Sending woyww hugs, Angela x8x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Bright blessings be on this solstice, here’s to a happy and healthy 2023! I hope you have a marvellous time with your family and hope that the weather plays ball! Those cookies look absolutely delicious, yum!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxxx

Helen said...

Hurrah for the shortest day and from here days get longer... yay!! Wishing you and the family a very Happy Christmas and much fun. Helen #1 (I agree the statue looks cold!)

Diana Taylor said...

I love your little cookies - they look delicious, and I smiled at the kitties and the Christmas tree, it sounds like you have the measure of them! I hope you have a lovely Christmas and kindly weather on your travel days.
Hugs,
Diana xx #11

Lynnecrafts said...

Fortunately (to date 🤞🏻🤞🏻) Bella and Gracie have shown no interest in our tree. I love your cookies- very cute!
I liked essential oils in winter and would have a hanky about me when I went to work with eucalyptus, pine, lime and camphor but I since found out that eucalyptus is toxic for cats. Since I’m now retired they’re with me during the day.
Happy Xmas with purrs to Inky and Mittsy.
Lynnecrafts 4

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I hope there’s no freezing and making your travel days difficult. The cookies look wonderful, I’ve never had much luck with a cookie press, I need a different recipe. Yes, make more!! Makes me laugh to think of Inky and your Christmas tree! Isn’t it funny how differently all cats behave! Oh I hope the arrival of solstice means that the stretching out of the days becomes really obvious really soon!
Have a super Christmas, love and hugs to you. Xxxxx

Mary Anne said...

Crikey! That cookie press makes fab cookies. Love it. And OMG that CAT! Just getting a sense of living with a cat now, after a couple of months. We do not let her in the room with the tree alone. Best plan LOL! Hope your travels go well!
Late WOYWW, sorry - COVID in da' house :(

Happy Healthy Merry Christmas to you!
Mary Anne (5)

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Linda, thanks for your earlier visit. Personally I am sooo glad we have passed the winter solstice and moving towards Spring although still a way to go I guess!!! My mood lifts with each extra second of daylight we get. I am looking forward to trying out those new lavinia stamps but will probably not be till next week. Quiet day today just trying to battle the house into tidiness (not an easy task with my lot) and catching up with WOYWW. Hope the weather isd just as festive as you would like and does interfere with your travel plans. Have a wonderful Christmas, love n hugs Cindy xx

Anne said...

Have been watching weather news for US and Canada- stay safe. Merry Christmas. Anne x 14