Wednesday, October 04, 2023

WOYWW #748

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Hello all! We are having summer in October today with temps going up to 29°C! Crazy! Our leaves are starting to turn, we will be going on our annual "Leaf Tour" on Sunday so I will have pics for next week. Thanksgiving is this weekend, but we are foregoing it this year. 

Anyway, here is my desk this morning:


I am working on making my second JIYA Journal, and have to prepare the pages. I really don't have space to do the 6 giant pages I need to do, so I have cut them down first and am doing 24 pages instead. Also I am experimenting on how to add the top coat of white stencil to tone it all down. Last time I did the dauber method which really killed my arm. So I am experimenting with using a roller this time. Here are the results of the experiment:


1-foam rollers, one with paint, one dry

2-fluffy roller, with dry brush

3-fluffy roller, then dry foam roller

I think #3 is the winner! It will certainly save my arm!


Here are the smaller pages with my new colour combo - yellow, orange, leaf green and a brick red.

I had a happy surprise when I got home from Toronto last Friday, an envelope full of Funky Fossil images! (Thank you Mary Anne!) I had never seen these stamps before, I can't get them here, and I love them all! So of course I had to make paper dolls right away:




I hated this journal page with just the flowers - what the heck was I going to do with this! But the Universe always comes through. It reminded me of the 60's (yes I was a teenage hippy!), and this image was perfect!

So that was my week, I hope yours was just as fun!



10 comments:

Christine said...

Thanks for sharing about the white . . . I am about to add white to the left over canvas.
What perfect timing for your journal, it really is just the best image.
Enjoy your week
Christine #17

Sarah Brennan said...

Great experimenting with the white stencilling Linda - definitely easier on the arm. Cool finish to the journal page. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #11

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Nice experiments with the white, Linda. I agree that # 3 is the winner and will save your arm, too.

How incredibly sweet of Mary Anne to send those Funky Fossil images. Deskers care for each other. And of course, one of then worked perfectly for your art journal page.

Cuddles to Mittsy and Inky. Thanks for visiting me earlier. Happy WOYWW from # 4.

Helen said...

I love the pages in those lovely autumn shades. Glad you like the purple!! Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the journal pages and the new dolls too. I love Funky Fossil too. They are quite a new company and their stamps and dies are great. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x1x

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the flowers in your journal and your latest ladies. Great experiment pages too. Happy WOYWW. Angela #9

Tracy said...

Wishing you a very happpy leaf tour for Sunday πŸ‚ Linda πŸ’• loooving the colours you've been using πŸ’› I may be swoooning over your papers πŸ₯° Treasure from Mary Anne ⭐️ being put to good use,love how they turned out 😍 Happpy belated WOYWW love and hugs Tracy #12 xxxx

Neet said...

Well, I was a young mum hippy so you can tell I am considerably older than you are Lindart. Loved the flowing skirts, cheesecloth tops that tied under the bust and a flower now and then in my hair. Gosh thinking about it I want to go to something where I can dress up like that and relive those heady days.
Gosh all those pages! Now to your experiments, I too like the third one down. Just the right amount of white. I use a baby-wipe when doing this. Love the autumnal colours in the next set of pages.
Enjoy your FF images.
Hugs, Neet xx 8

Mary Anne said...

Finally getting around to the last few on the list :) Glad they arrived safely and that you enjoyed them. The Lynne Perella ones were Paper Artsy but the others were FF. Just to be accurate :) You might check locally? I am sure the Lynne P stamps are avaialble in the USA and I bet they would be cheaper to ship as they are usually unmounted! Just being a world-class enabler here... Anyway I am also taken with the white-to-tone-down experiments. I agree it's useful! Looks quite good and arm-saving is important for us aging hippies....
:)

Just catching up on the last few deskers…
Mary Anne (6)

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh useful experiment with the rollers...I think number 3 is just right, and anything that saves you having to do it by dauber is a good thing, no doubt. Nice envelope of surprises from Mary Anne, I bet she'll be tickled pink thst you've set to and used them already! We're enjoying much warmer weather too, it is a bit bizarre I must say. Hope you really enjoy your Leaf Walk, sounds fun.