Wednesday, September 20, 2023

WOYWW #746

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Hello all! It's a beautiful chilly day here, I'm enjoying all the greenery while I can! Here is my desk this morning. My Sister-in-Law sadly passed away last Sunday, and so I am making a memorial page for her in my journal.


I am amazed all the time about my pre-made journal pages, how I always seem to find the perfect thing for each page, as if I made that page for that specific event, even though I made the page months ago. Here are my 2 newest pages finished, though I pre-made the pages months ago:



And I am still making paper dolls, hopefully it isn't too boring for you! Each one has such a unique personality, I'm really enjoying making them. I now have a pretty full cigar box of them. Soon you will be seeing them in my journal pages!

Lynne Parella image


Mushroom hat! TH tiny people.



Lynne Parella image


Character Construction image


Character Construction image
with tassels from a Lynne Parella image!



This is from a steampunk paper
 doll image but I used a different head


Well, that's it for me today! Next week I will be at my DD's playing with Jasper, who knows what we will get up to! Here are two pics of Mittsy to end this post. Have  a great week!


And watching the pouring rain...




11 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

SOrry to hear of your SiL's loss Linda - hugs to you and the family. Love the journal pages and paper dolls. Meow to the kitties. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Neet said...

Lovely photo of Mittsy.
Wow, you have been busy with your paper dolls (no there are none on my desk just Dylusion images cut out ready for my blog)m- I bet it is great fukn to go through the cigar box with them all inside.
Sorry to hear about your sister in law. Good that you are off to see Jasper, little ones always help in situations that are sad.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Sorry to hear about your SIL, my sympathies to you and the family. Your paper dolls are amazing and I look forward to seeing them in a few pages. Happy WOYWW. Angela #10

Helen said...

so sorry to hear about your SIL. sending hugs x
love the paper dolls. hope you have a good visit with Jasper. Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry to hear about you sister-in-law. My thoughts are with you. Loving your journal pages and your paper doll collection too. Pleased you're making good use of the faces. Enjoy your crafty woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x

Twiglet said...

Sorry to hear your sad news. Your journal pages will be special. I love those little paper people. I did chuckle at the thought of my blog being dangerous- I hope they can sort it for you. Annoying isn't it. X x Jo

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m so sorry to hear about your sister in law, a sad time for your family. Hopefully seeing Jasper will help. The little figures are great, you obviously had fun with them!
Hugs LLJ 3 xx

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

My condolences for your loss, and I love the Good Medicine that you're making with your memorial page.

Your dolls are charming, and - well - Mittsy is charming as well.

Be well. Merry creating.

Christine said...

Not good for us who are left behind when the Circle of Life completes in a person, sending virtual (((hugs)))

Love all your dolls, what a great idea.

Christine #15

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I'm sorry for your loss. I think making a memorial page must be very cathartic and I do love the way that your pre-made pages speak to you when you need them to...triple the pleasure, enjoy the making of it, enjoy flipping through to admire and find one, and then enjoy some more making. Pdgood huh! Have a great time next week, I sense fun and adventure in the air!

Julia Dunnit said...

😀I totally forgot to say that my magnifying light is v good, it was a mid range one from Amazon, I've just checked my order record but it doesn't go back far enough to see the make and there's nothing stamped on the actual lamp, oddly enough. I was sceptical about having a 'thing' between me and 'my work(!)' but it is great, specially for beading. I now have a floor standing one by my armchair for embroidery when I'm lounging about!