Wednesday, April 26, 2023

WOYWW #725

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Hello! I missed last week due to an asthma attack, not fun, but feeling better now. I didn't get a lot done as I was ordered to "Aggressively rest"! But I did sneak in a few things over the past 2 weeks.

First, here is my desk. Nothing much on it this morning, but I had just finished making some stencils yesterday.


I cut a couple of easy stencils last week...this was from a Tim Holtz die


And these waves were freehand


and I used one in my mini art journal


I completed a page in my JIYA Journal and started another one...



and did a few pages in my Mini-journal


this one is playing with a honeycomb die cut


I finally made the first page of Jasper's Quiet Book...not perfect, but she won't notice!


and a couple of birthday cards...


this one I made from the stamp that I carved, added the hair and beard, looks just like my SIL!
and I bought myself a pressie, a little Cricut Joy! Hoping to make stencils with it, and maybe some other things. I have resisted buying a cricut for years and years, but I think it will work well for stencils


But it's a big learning curve, the cricut design software is not as easy as it looks! Any tips on making stencils with a cricut?

And to my Spring Garden, everything is green, but we still only have a few flowers, and nothing spectacular:






So I guess that's it for me! Our days go from nice and warm to almost freezing, so the cats are getting annoyed! The fox is about, actually had caught a neighbor's cat, but it was thankfully rescued, so we keep our ears and eyes open when Inky is out. I think she knows, she is very watchful...here is a pic this morning that I could see from my computer of a brave little bunny...right out on the front lawn eating bird seed. 

I'm happy to say the fox was elsewhere!

Have a great week, May is just around the corner!







9 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I laughed out loud at your SiL pic, she definitely needs a shave! I love Jasper’s name in the book, she’ll have such fun learning how to do her name. I’m sorry about your asthma arrack, they’re very scary, I hope you did rest properly, we’re very bad about listening to our bodies!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Helen said...

I am glad you are recovered from the asthma attack, but you don't seem to have been aggressively resting with the crafting you've been doing!! I do like wht you've been making though! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling too good but pleased you're better now. Looks like you've managed to get lots of crafting done. Well you can't just sit about doing nothing can you Lol! Looks like spring is popping up where you are too. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x8x

Crafting With Jack said...

Sorry to hear about your asthma attack. Do you have them often? You got a lot of work done for someone who was told to rest 🤣🤣. I look forward to seeing how you get in with the Cricut. Happy WOYWW. Angela #16

Robyn said...

glad you are feeling better. air quality has been a challenge here! I enjoy making stencils, with a craft knife and the digital cutter.Love your waves
Robyn 25

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you have recovered from your asthma attack Linda - definitely not fun! Some great work being shared and I recognise Tracy's stamps on that birthday card. Meow to Inky and Mittsy - long may they evade the fox. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Neet said...

Linda, are you sure your SIL would be happy to know that your bearded wizard looks like her? I did have a big smile when I read your words.
Good luck with the Cricut Joy, not a clue about using one and no idea about stencil making but i do like the ones you showed us. The waves look fabulous!
Not sure what a 'quiet' book is, unless it is a book to occupy her and keep her quiet. However, it does look lovely.
So sorry to hear about the attack you had, Hope that these are very infrequent for you as I imagine they completely drain you of all energy.
Hope the fox is dealt with in whatever way they are dealt with as the thoughts of cats being attacked by one is scary - even though a fox can be a beautiful animal in its own right.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Lynnecrafts said...

Sorry you’ve had problems with your asthma and hope you’re better now.
Your stencils and journal pages are amazing.
It is scary that a fox attacked a local cat. I hope yours stay ok.
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 17 x

Spyder said...

I hope you are feeling a hole/ whole lot better, I'm so late you probably are!Im away house sitting at the moment...although am thinking of nipping home to feed the stay cat...since Jinx has gone she's been a lot braver. Love your junk pages...am thinking of having a go! Have a great week, Happy late woyww ((Lyn)) #22