Wednesday, May 03, 2023

WOYWW #726

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Happy May everyone! Our weather forecast for May is cold, wet, and possibly snow. Brrr. So far they have been right on. But since I have been put back on Prednisone and 2 more weeks of "Agressive rest", it doesn't really matter. I am rewatching Doc Martin and Midsomer Murders.

Here is my desk this morning. I have tried to get here at least once a day for 15 minutes or so...


Not  lot of action, but some. I made another stencil from the TH dies of bugs that I have, but the dragonfly did not cut as nicely as the moth did. I put it in my little journal.


Then I started a new page in my JIYA Journal. This girl insisted on being stenciled in 4 times. Who am I to argue? I will just have to wait and see what they want next.

I did manage to work on Jasper's Quiet Book, and I made 3 little finger puppets for the Old MacDonald page. It is her favourite song, along with Happy Birthday!




Last but not least, the father fox in the neighborhood caught one of our black squirrels, right on our front lawn, at lunchtime. Here he is having killed it, and now making sure it is indeed dead. Later that evening as we were sitting on the porch we saw another black squirrel in a tree nearby, crying. It was heartbreaking😢😢


The foxes have been a bit more bold and aggressive this year.


Well, that's it for me this week. The cats are fine, although don't go out much anymore, always on the lookout for Mr. Fox. Hopefully May will warm up! Have a great week,




7 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Sorry to hear you are still not fully fit Linda. Make sure you take that advice and rest up properly. Love the pages you have worked on. Meow to the kitties and boo hiss to the foxes. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Helen said...

I hope you feel better soon, but glad you've found some good tv to watch whilst you agressively rest! that fox is a baddy, how horrid to have to watch. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, late getting back from the meeting for my mum which seemed to go well but trying to get round a few of my friends before bed. I really hope you get properly better soon. I love Doc Martin but a bit obsessed with Downton Abbey at the moment even though I've seen it all before. Wishing you a very happy, creative belated woyww, Angela x6x

Mary Anne said...

SNOW? Oh NO! And here I am looking forward to some warmth and sun. Your busy book is really cute, bet she loves it. Sorry you are not feeling top drawer, but hopefully that will change soon. Not sure what "aggressive rest" is but I think a good boxed set on the TV is just the ticket for that, or maybe some easy lap-crafting. Hang in there and be well soon...
Happy WOYWW ( just a day late :D )
Mary Anne (4)

Lynnecrafts said...

Prednisone is hard medicine - I alsways have to take a sleeping tablet with it.
Your busy book with the finger puppets is lovely and will bring much joy, I'm sure.
I love your dragonfly as well.
The fox and squirrel story is sad.
We're enjoying watching a series called Race across the world at the moment. which has 5 pairs of Brits travelling across Canada with no phones and a very limited budget.
I hope your weather warms up soon!
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 13

Spyder said...

I love the barn animals in felt? anyway, I did something like that using wax crayons (the barn doors opened)...the animals could stick anywhere in the farm...the pig always ended up in the muddy pond! Also, love your little journal. I've started saving up stuff to use in one. Sorry for late visit again...busy with the dogs and having to nip home to check on the semi-stray cat! And waiting for a parcel to be delivered, with crafty goodies of course! Have a great week Happy WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #7

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the Old McDonald page!
Looks as though you ha been quite busy despite everything!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #12