Wednesday, August 30, 2023

WOYWW #743

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!

It's almost September! August has FLOWN by with not a lot to show for it, but last week I decided that I was finally going to learn how to use my Cricut Joy to make stencils (I've only had it for 3 months!)


and I did! 

First, here's my desk this morning:


I just finished cutting out some leaves because I was running out of them, you can see some stencil images I'm working on designing, some quotes I was trying for a journal page, my sponges I use for Distress Inks, dirty watercolour water, and lots of paint pens and markers.

But on to the stencils. My first try was direct from Cricut Design Space, A sugar skull. This was very easy and lends itself to decorating


Then I needed hearts, so I made a heart stencil


Then I wanted to see if I could create a design from an existing image, so this happened



I was quite pleased with it! Then I got very brave, and made a whole alphabet and numbers using the Rialto font (which took ages to find)



And finally, why I wanted to make my own stencils in the first place, I made a stencil of Jasper!


This is the first impression I made, and I put it on the cover of her art book that she writes in when she's here. I couldn't stop at that though!


I made a page in my JIYA Journal, and another page in my tiny book


I am currently working on making stencils from my own drawings, Hopefully will have something to show you next week!

I also discovered that I could buy, very cheaply, SVGs from Etsy, so I bought this one (from Citra Graphics) which was in a huge package of SVGs. It's a whole new world out there!

I didn't manage to get a Mittsy pic this week, but I will try for next week. Have a wonderful week, and if you are starting school next week, have a wonderful year! ( we start the day after Labour Day here, which is the 4th, so school starts on the 5th of September)





 



12 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

The stencil of Jasper is wonderful. I wish I had kept the scan n cut for that reason. Oh well! I didn’t know the Cri Cut could do stencils of your own. I might have a look at that. Happy WOYWW. Angela #17

Tracy said...

πŸ’ŸπŸ’•❤️ Hellooo Linda and Mittsy 🐾 What a fabulous idea to create one with Jasper ❤️ she will looooove what you've done ⭐️πŸ₯°πŸ’ŸπŸ’• wishing yoooou so much joy in the creating of them,what a fabulous bit of equipment!! Sending much love and hugs Tracy #13 xxx

Helen said...

well done for mastering the Cricut! the stencil of Jasper, and I love the alpha font! Happy WOYWW and thanks for already visiting. Helen #2

Annie said...

Wow that's really impressive and so special. You've had a very productive week.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Neet said...

What a great idea to make a stencil of Jasper. You can keep making new ones as she grows up and then on an auspicious birthday you can present them to her for her to use herself. How's that for an idea?
You have certainly taken to this stencil making and love the alphabet you did. Just think of all the possibilities you now have at your fingertips.
Hugs, Neet 7 xx
ps the hospital doctor did tell me what was wrong, and it was nothing to worry about. xx

Twiglet said...

Oh my goodness - at first I wondered how you could do that (me not being a paper crafter and being a bear of little brain) They are wonderful and your little person is such a clever and special idea . x x Jo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love that stencil of Jasper, but I also love the other stencils you designed, too. Very creative work. I like Neet's idea of the stencils, and think that would be awesome. Of course, I am just impressed you made that first one and it is perfect, too. Happy WOYWW from # 1.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Fair play, you went from novice to Supremo in a few short moves there! Love the stencil of Jasper, she looks very psychedelic in those groovy shade! Glad you’ve been having fun with your new tech xx
Hugs LLJ 11 xx

BJ said...

Great stencil making, love the alphabet best, especially how you have used it. Looks like we are having "JOY" all round, or I will be soon I hope - Hugs BJ#6

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I don't think you will be the only one that buys craft equipment and takes an age to start using it. Looks like a great piece of kit. It looks as though you are now having fun with it and I look forward to seeing more of your stencil designs. Happy belated woyww, Angela x12x

Nordic said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Anne said...

Oh so glad I popped back to catch any stragglers! When I do all the visits on the day I sometimes forget to make sure I got all the regulars :D. Love the stencil play. I have so many stencils I cut over the years and use most of them. I love having unique ones that only *I* have :). Having said that, I am sure I have one quite similar to the circles. Where did you get it? Maybe I did the same.... Anyway, they look great and I totally love the one of Jasper - how fab it is!I'll be watching for more.

just catching up...
Mary Anne (4)