Wednesday, August 23, 2023

WOYWW #742

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


I have missed a few weeks, a holiday in Niagara Falls took one of those weeks, and I got a new phone where I couldn't figure out how to get my photos onto my computer anymore, it's so frustrating getting a new phone! And I switched from an iPhone to a Google 6a, just to make things more complicated. So I finally figured out an easy way to get photos from my phone to my computer, and here I am!

Here is my desk this morning:

I'm working on a stenciled flower, yet to be fussy cut. I am having a lot of fun lately with watercoloured stencils. I cleaned off my desk a week ago, and got yet more storage, and a little basket to put things that I am working on, that need drying, etc, before storing them away somewhere else.

My latest project has been Fodder School 1, February, taught by Megan Quinlan, one of my favourite artists. We made little collages, or assemblages, or clusters, all the same thing. You start with a background and pile things onto it, like this: This was one of my first ones, I think I got better the more I made!

I made a lot of them! This I one used a house stencil that I cut up into squares for the background, and built them all at once

Here are some more:

I have already used a few on journal pages here and there. Makes for a nice and quick journal page!

Hopefully by next week I will have a book to show you from Fodder School 2, July, also by Meagan Quinlan! I am also trying to figure out how to use the Cricut Design Space so I can make my own stencils, looking forward to that!

Well, here's Jasper, enjoying the summer!

She's growing up so fast! And here's Inky, who hasn't shown up on my blog recently, but she is still around!

Mittsy is around somewhere too!  We all wish you a wonderful and crafty week!




15 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a really lovely photo of Jasper! She’s a real cutie and wow, she’s grown so fast. I hope you had a wonderful holiday in Niagara, you’ll have to show some pics in the future. I like what you’ve been working on, great colours!
Hugs LLJ 1 xx

Glenda said...

What a fun post my friend. Love that little cutie eating a popsicle! Adorable!
Glenda #17

Annie said...

You've been very busy this week and that photo of Jasper is gorgeous.
Hugs,
Annie x #9

Christine said...

You have been prolific, love all the watercolours.
Neat basket as well.
Create and enjoy the week
Christine #19

Neet said...

My words, what busy hands you have had - and all such lovely things you made. Sounds as if this class was perfect for you, wish I could have done it as I have lots of stuff I could use. I don't know which photo I would choose as my favourite, there's so much on each that I have envy for. Glad you have found a good use for them.
Gretna Green is a small village just over the border of Scotland and England famous for marriages with around 5,000 couples tying the knot here and in Gretna every year. Historically it was to Gretna Green that young English runaway couples eloped so that they could be married ‘over the anvil’ from the age of 16. Gretna Green Famous Blacksmiths Shop, where couples have come to marry since 1754, is still here.
Just do a search on 'Gretna Green' and you will find lots of pictures (prices for weddings and renewals of vows) and lots of information)
Guess you could call it a mini Vegas as there is only the one place, not several white chapels.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Helen said...

wow Jasper is growing so fast, looks like she's making short work of that ice lolly (as we call them here) Great fodder projects, it does look a lot of fun. Happy WOYWW Helen #8

Robyn said...

Yay Jasper! how clever of them to enjoy life to the fullest, while we find things to put things in! Havent done much watercolor stenciling- something to try. robyn 5

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Great to see you again and pleased you had a good time away. Love your stencilled flower and the collage pieces too. This Fodder school sounds great for using up left over stash. Lovely to see little Jasper again, they grow so fast. Hugs to the kitties and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x14x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That was one of my favorite lessons in Fodder School. Although I didn't do watercolors, I certainly did the fodder layering. I love each and every one you created. What a fun way to use up that stash and fodder.

Jasper is a doll. She looks quite happy, too. Good to see Inky. Loved that photo of her near the porch. Happy WOYWW from # 7.

Sarah Brennan said...

Making quick visits as hubby is off work. Happy WOYWW Sarah #17

Crafting With Jack said...

Thank you for explaining assemblage, I came across the term the other day and wondered what it meant. Yours are great. A belated happy WOYWW. Angela #2

BJ said...

Oh the new phone is a BIG learning curve isn't it, especially changing type too. I have to get Samsung each time now to make it easier! So glad you got it sorted at last. Love the sunflower and all the watercolouring and assemblages FAB-U-LOUS. Loved Megan Quinlan from the fodder challenge. Hugs BJ#12

Tracy said...

Hellooo Linda 💛 I'm loving your baskets filled with goodness just waiting to be put to use 💕 I can tell how much you loved Megans tutorial through your words and bundles ⭐️❤️🥰 they are gorgeous,beautiful pops of colour and hearts throughout ❤️ Looking forward to seeing your next project 🤩
Jasper is adorrrreable ⭐️💕❤️ beautiful photo that is ⭐️wishing you much joy in the days ahead with love and hugs Tracy #15 xxxx

My name is Cindy said...

Gorgeous photo of Jasper!1 They really do grow up too fast. I share your pain with the photo dilemma. I still send photos to my computer by email. t's a right faff but I've been doing it that way for years, Mind you I do have a new pc now, maybe see if this one will recognise my iphone so I can do it direct!! I am so intrigued by the whole fodder idea, wish I had time to commit to doing the whole thing - maybe next year!! Love your clusters. Sorry I'm so late, my week always seems to fall into chaos Thurs/Friday. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #16

Susan Renshaw said...

What a lot of lovely clusters!
Happy Woyww! Susan #11