Wednesday, August 31, 2022

WOYWW #691

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!

We are back after a lovely 10 days in Nova Scotia! I won't go into details today, but next week I will be able to show you my travel journal. Here is what is on my desk this morning:

This is my travel art bag which had everything I needed for the trip! I will show more of what is inside next week, but for now here are a few:

Of course, we can't go to Nova Scotia without getting one of these for dinner!


And one last one for today, here I am at Peggy's Cove, a very famous lighthouse in Nova Scotia. It is surrounded by these rounded rocks that people like to wander across, but I stayed close to the lighthouse...

People have gotten careless over the years and actually died falling off these rocks into the ocean, and there are signs everywhere saying if you fall in, too bad. We can't get you out. Doesn't seem to deter some people though. They especially like to go out on stormy days for some reason.

Well that's it for me today, more next week when I am more organized. The kitties made it through without us just fine, and were very nicely cared for by our neighbor. 
Have a great week! Inky and Mittsy say "meow!"




9 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m so jealous you got to Peggy’s Cove, it’s definitely on our list to come back and eat lobster! Looking forward to seeing your photos next time!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Linda. Oh my! How wonderful. What a trip. The only time I have ever been to Canada was for my silver wedding anniversary. We hoped to travel right across country, staying with friends - but, unfortunately, there was illness on the Eastern end... so we contented ourselves with Vancouver, the Rocky Mountaineer train, and flying home over Iceland seeing the Northern lights. It was an amazing holiday.
Looking forward to seeing the photos of Nova Scotia.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Crafting With Jack said...

What kind of rocks are they that people can’t be rescued? Sounds like you had a lovely time. I think you can help me on the art of packing for holidays. Your bag looks very organised. I took far too much with me this year! Happy WOYWW. Angela #17

Helen said...

Sounds like a great trip - look forward to the travel journal show and tell!! love the pic of you, and glad you didn't fall off the rocks!! happy WOYWW Helen #2

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Love your travel art bag! Lucky you didn't fall into the ocean! I've never had a lobster, never even seem one in real life, only in movies LOL - aren't they supposed to be very expensive? Probably not when they are local. I bet it's nice to be home though and good that the kitties didn't have to go into a cattery. That's part of the reason we don't go on holiday together as a family these days - can't leave Oreo behind! Have a lovely September! xx zsuzsa #19

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sounds like you've had a good time. As usual there have been reports of people losing their life on holiday so not surprised some people have fallen off the cliff. It's good to see you back safely anyway. I did have a lobster years ago in Spain and loved it. The hotel we used to stay at in France used to keep them in a large tank and I used to count them every morning on my way to breakfast and there was often some missing. It was great watching them while they were still there and they had tape on their claws as they would often fall out in the tank and try to fight. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, once you get yourself sorted again. Hugs Angela x12x

My name is Cindy said...

Well I'd go for the lobster but like you I'd stay by the lighthouse as falling in would not appeal to me. (and if anyone was going to it would be me!!). Glad you had a good trip, you certainly took a fair amount of art supplies with you!! Have a great week, love n hugs Cindy xx #16

Sarah Brennan said...

What a great trip Linda. My brother lived in Halifax NS for a while but I never made it there to visit. It looks fabulous. Look forward to seeing your travel journal. Meow to the kitties. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

Lynnecrafts said...

Sounds like a great trip, Linda. I don’t quite get why they leave you to it if you fall in - do the rocks make rescue impossible? Bella and Gracie send purrs to your cats
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 14