Wednesday, September 22, 2021

WOYWW #642

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group! 

It's the first day of Fall! 


Some people are happy, some are not. To me Fall is pretty, but Winter is not far behind, and I don't like winter.

Today my computer is so slow, I type in my words, and wait for the computer to catch up. Frustrating.

Anyway, here is my desk this rainy fall morning:


I still have a lot of unmounted stamps to put into my binders, but two broken sewing machines. So I finally came up with this idea:
The bottom is a magnetic photo page, and a trading card sleeve is stapled to it. Less efficient than my old ones as I only can use one side, but stronger due to the magnetic photo page. For larger stamps I'm using photo pages stapled to the magnetic pages, but it means only 2-3 stamps per page. But I like it, and it's easy. I get the magnetic photo pages and binders from thrift stores. So that's been keeping me busy.

I finished the cover of an old Dylusions Journal that I left blank for years (since 2017!), waiting for the right inspiration to arrive. As you know I joined Marjie Kemper's year long group, and voila! The inspiration I needed! This used a bunch of metal items that I had been saving for years with no plan. My favourite was the brass keyhole, so I left it as is. The rest I coated with black gesso, then used metallic rub ons. 


Of course, I had to do the back as well!


So that's my week, the cats are out in the rain,  Inky in her chair in the porch, and Mittsy probably in her favourite spot in the bushes beside the house. They both pop in and out several time during the day, just to say "hi" and get a bite to eat, and then They're out again! They have been well trained now to come in for the night around 5pm, all on their own, which is when they get their treats! 

Well that's it for me today, the kitties say "Meow" and  I say have a great week! I think today will be a lazy day spent in my art room!





8 comments:

Helen said...

fab covers - I rarely decorate my covers, not really sure why. I'm going to do it in future. Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Neet said...

I never do my covers on my Dylusion Journals - hopefully you have now inspired me to do so. I doubt I will do one as lovely as you have done but I will hopefully do something. Not saying when ...
I too like fall, or as we always say, Autumn. It's the season for the leaves on the trees turning those beautiful golds, yellows and reds - just like your picture. Nothing quite like walking through piles of dry leaves and hearing them rustling to me.
Have a good week and give the cats a little chin tickle from me.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Great covers. I love the colours of Autumn, definitely not a fan of the cold though. Have a great week Angela #7

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I love this time of the year, the colours are so pretty. Great journl covers too. Have a lovely woyww, Angela x14x

Sarah Brennan said...

I love Autumn for the colours Linda but I know what you mean about winter being round the corner. Love the cover of the journal - well worth waiting for the right inspiration. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Stay safe and Happy WOWYW. Sarah #2

Julia Dunnit said...

I’m with you Linda, I don’t like winter so the advent of a fall doesn’t do me well, but I totally appreciate the season itself! Your journal looks fantastic, that brass keyhole is lovely, we still use ironmongery like that occasionally, when Mr Dunnits customers are specific or when he’s replacing like for like. So cool to see it on a journal.

Shoshi said...

What beautiful autumn leaves, Linda. I love autumn, and I don't mind winter too much as I love snuggling up with the fire and a couple of kitties on my lap, but I don't like the wind and rain that we get. My favourite season is definitely the spring. Your altered journal cover is absolutely brilliant! It has a real vintage, steampunk, metallic look about it! It must have been great fun to do.

Our kitties always "come in like little lambs" as my hubby puts it, just in time for tea! They don't get to go out every day because my hubby has to be here just in case they get out. I nearly fell in next door's abandoned overgrown garden once (house is empty) trying to catch Ruby, so if he's out, they stay in. They are very happy to be mostly indoor kitties but they adore the garden and you've only got to say the word "Garden" and Lily runs to the door! Ruby's a bit slower on the uptake. My hubby said he spelt "G-A-R-D-E-N" once and Lily still understood! Clever girl.

Thank you for your visit, and I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the "country cottage" - I agree it could be a real money-maker but the local council are shortsighted and won't spend the money on it, when it could be a real investment. It's only a few years ago that it was still being used for weddings. I would love to see the inside. Fortunately there are lots of photos on the Internet. It was a lovely outing and a surprise bonus after my scan!

It sounds as if your stamp storage system is somewhat similar to mine - sorting by category rather than by brand. If I did it by brand I'd never be able to find anything!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #9

Susan Renshaw said...

I love the Autumn colours - but here it's the opposite way round. Spring going into Summer...
Love those covers!
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
I am hoping to visit everyone this week – unfortunately last week I just couldn’t make it…
Susan #20
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!