Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Fall!

It even smells like Fall now, especially with all the cool rain we've been having. I wonder what happened to Summer? LOL!

Anyway, I did forget my camera when I went to my LRS stamp club meeting, so all I have to show is what we made, which was a teeny little altered book. I knew the book was coming, and needed a theme, and I hadn't done anything about Johnny Depp lately, so hey, it was overdue! I'll pop it into my little Johnny shrine in our downstairs powder room. Maybe I'll take a picture of that for next week! So I brought my papers, my Johnny collage sgeet (made myself) and some quotes to cut up. My friend Marg and I decided which quotes went with which photo and it whipped up nice and easy!



Here is the little book untouched on the left, and altered on the right. These are tiny 3" board books that came in little boxes of about 4 to a box. First we sanded them a bit, then cut the papers into 3" squares and glued them on the pages.

We chose the quotes and matched them to pictures, quotes on the left and pictures on the right. The paper I used was doubled sided pirate scrapbook paper from Michael's. I used one side on all the left pages and the other side on all the right pages.


Here is one of the pages. I'm only going to show one, and you can imagine the rest - all the same but different!
After all was done, I put a piece of coloured tape on the end, kind of like Duct Tape, but not as thick - Dollar Store, comes in a bunch of colours. Then I edged everything in gold Krylon. Hope you enjoyed my little book! I called it "Johnny" because the next one will be called "Depp"!

We also had a challenge to make something from a patterned napkin, we were given the napkin and a link to Split Coast Stampers for the technique called Felted Cardstock. So we'll see what I can do with that!

I've been sick all week, the worst was Thursday to Saturday, today was the first day I felt human again, so of course I spent the day doing errands, shopping, and Starbucks. Didn't have time to do any art, but I will write in my journal tonight, and maybe have some time this week to put up the last few pages.

I have a little teaser about my Generations Project - something I found at Starbucks. . .hopefully I can show you next week if it works out!

TTFN!

2 comments:

Marlynn said...

I so love by Starbucks finds. I used their tissue paper from a Xmas gift on a little booklet I did on Alice. They are so cool. Can't wait to see your creation. Love the Johnny booklet....

BlueRidgeLady said...

Hi Lindart!! So glad you are feeling better! I love the altered Johnny creation!! I think I have a book or something to do with Johnny Depp downstairs, you want it? You can email me about your Crowabout question and if you want the book let me know your addy and I will mail it to ya!! My email address is
Queenbead2U@aol.com Have a good weekend!! Shelly