Wednesday, January 10, 2024

WOYWW #762

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


I have missed a couple of posts, but now I'm back on track. The Christmas Holidays were a mixture of joy and sadness, as just before Christmas my niece passed away from unknown causes, leaving a 14 year old son and an adult son. It was quite a shock, not at all expected. But as we do, we got through Christmas, as did they with a lot of community support. We spent half the holidays in Toronto and half here with the kids visiting us. This was Jasper's first year of really understanding Christmas, so that was a lot of fun. But not much time to do anything at all in my art room, then I needed some recovery time, and here I am, I finally got into my art room yesterday, and tidied up a little:


And then I made my first journal page of 2024 using on of the last pictures from my Cat Calendar which jumped out and spoke to me. The words I got from one of these "which 3 words in this jumble of words and letters pop out at you first?"


They all seemed to go with this picture of the cat.

So that's it for me today. One of my sisters-in-law is in the hospital with only a few days to live, so that's where we will be today. 

I forgot to mention that my 70th birthday was on January 1st. I can't believe I am 70, such a bizarre concept! So it's been a sad ending to 2023 and a sad beginning to 2024. I can only hope that it gets better as the year goes on.

Happy 2024,






9 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your niece and that your sister in law has not long left. I pray God will strengthen your families and support you in this sad time. Angela xx

Chana Malkah said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I am so sorry for your loss! I just lost my niece to kidney cancer. We were only six months apart in age (she was six months older than I) and it was a family joke. I pray that your heart will be comforted with loving memories!

I love your journal page. I particularly love your three words. Freedom is my word for 2024!

Be well,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #19

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

We were at a family funeral last week but he was 93 when he died and it just makes things a bit easier, it's awful when very young people die and I feel for you. However, I would like to wish you happy birthday. My hubby had his 70th birthday on the 2nd January and my 70th is on the 25th January. It's a strange feeling being this old, not sure where the years have gone either. Wishing you a very happy WOYWW. Hugs, Angela x11x

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy belated birthday Linda. So sorry to hear about the loss of your niece and how ill your sister-in-law is too. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Quick visit after work! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

happy belated birthday, but I am sorry the year ended and then started with such sad news, I am sorry for your loss. Glad that Jasper enjoyed Christmas though, just the right age to really enjoy it! Happy WOYWW Helen #1

BJ said...

Sorry to hear of all the sadness over Christmas, and the New Year, I hope things get better for you soon. Lovely Journal page, would love to know where you got the 3 words from exactly, I tried googling but not much success. Hugs BJ#15

My name is Cindy said...

Sorry to hear that your year ended with such sadness, I hope there will be better times ahead. Happy Belated Birthday, and congratulations!! A few years off myself but getting closer and closer!! Something's gotta give!! Have a great week, love n hugs, Cindyxx #10

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I am so very sorry to hear your sad news about your niece and sis in law, it sounds like your family really rallied together to get through this difficult time. Jasper must have been a real tonic at Christmas, helping everyone feel better. I hope you managed to celebrate your birthday a little. Loved your words for January xx
Hugs LLJ 5 xxx

Kelly said...

Belated Birthday wishes, Linda and huge hugs & condolences. Sounds like did as he would have wanted and pushed forward with the holiday.
Love the journal layout. My husband told a friend yesterday that I collect cats LOL. Hugs & Creative Blessings! Kelly #18