Wednesday, January 17, 2024

WOYWW #763

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Finally we have a lovely sunny day with no snow squalls! It has been quite the snowy week so far, with so much snow I couldn't see the houses across the street! We went from no snow at all to mounds of it now. Very pretty from indoors!
Here is my desk this morning. I have spent all week getting my paints sorted and I made a tag for each colour. I didn't realize how many paints I had!


I put the colour tags on rings as you can see in each basket. One thing I discovered - Ranger Dabber Paint is the worst paint I have. Most of them are dried up, and the ones that aren't are chunky. I will probably toss those too. They were expensive at the time, just to have to throw them all out 😢. But the Distress Paints are wonderful, creamy , and I didn't need to throw any away. Most of the rest of my paints are cheap craft paints. Now I just have to figure out where I will put all the boxes! And then hopefully next week there will be evidence of actually using them.

I received 2 handmade cards for my birthday. One of my friends loves Lavinia and makes gorgeous cards, and I love the "70's" look of the other card that my good friend sent, since I am now 70!

Inky and Mittsy are not happy with the snow and the freezing weather (feeling like -18°C today!). Here is Mittsy dreaming of Spring in her hammock (taken before the mounds of snow we got this week!):

And Inky, planning on catching up on her winter reading...

Well, that's it for me today, I hope everyone is warm and cozy wherever you are! Have a great week, 




12 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

Minus 18 sounds cold, but warmer than Sylvia’s minus 25 ❄️❄️❄️❄️
Well done with your colour tagging. I did do mine (or what I had at the time), but yours looks much neater.
I have Rangers dabblers ink and I wasn’t impressed with them. The sponge bit has disintegrated on a couple. I think they need binning. Happy WOYWW Angela #15

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

It's been very cold here today but sunny, We had snow yesterday but it didn't last long. Sadly I have also had to throw some paint out but npt checked my Ranger Dabbers yet and I have had them a long time. Loving your cards. Hope you had a nice birthday. Your kitties are very lucky to have a good warm home though of course they don't realise it. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I’m pleased you had a good birthday! The cards you got from your friends are lovely, I do really like Lavinia stamps. You did a good job sorting out your paints, frustrating that those expensive ones didn’t last though. The cats look warm and comfy, they’re not going out in the snow eh?!
Hugs LLJ 8 xx

Sarah Brennan said...

Definitely stay inside kind of weather Linda. Love those hand made cards and the paint tags are a great idea. Meow to the cold kitties! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Helen said...

Happy belated birthday. I never got on with distress paints, I think I chucked mine too. I was really cold coming home from work today, but it's ok, you can keep all your snow there!!! thanks for popping by. Helen #1

Christine said...

Thanks for your visit earlier. Oscar is my oxygen tank, grandsons name everything, and yes, I spent Christmas and New Year in hospital. Not as bad as it sounds as I was well looked after and came home much better but still shocked at how ill I had been.
Love all your paints, great job in sorting them all out. Look forward to next week's post....
Have a good week
Christine # 17

BJ said...

Oooo Loving all the coloured paint boxes, I agree you have quite a few! I've had the Ranger Dabber problem too but find the distress ones a bit runny.
Happy 70th Birthday, lovely cards. The little "posy" is just the wrapping btw Hugs BJ#14

Chana Malkah said...

Brrr! I have put off sorting my paints, but it is on my list for next week. I had the same issue with the Ranger daubers paints! You seem to have developed a great system.

Both cards are gorgeous! I love Lavinia Stamps. The disco flower is awesome!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, WOYWW #6

Julia Dunnit said...

We're in the minus Centigrades this week, but not as low as that, Lordy I hope you don't have to go too far in the great outdoors! I have very few paints left these days, you've done a great job with the tags I must say, little works of art in themselves! I had the same experience with the dabber paints, but only had two or three so tossing them out wasn't quite so painful. I'm definitely a pencil and pen type colour applier! Exactly when was your big 70 birthday. I feel like we missed a thing!

Diana Taylor said...

Happy belated birthday - I love your cards, both so different but both beautiful. What a shame you had to throw some of the paints, and typical it was the more expensive ones. I have sorted mine out recently and made little swatches like you, I find it makes my stash of paints less overwhelming!
Hope you have a great week, stay warm and cosy,
Diana xx #13

Mary Anne said...

Poppy is loving the radiators but still likes to sniff at the doors to get some outdoor air! Silly kitty. And on my yes, the Ranger Daubbers are awful. They dried up almost immediately but also were dried out even when SEALED. Honestly, how do they get away with it? If I recall correctly, they offered to send you fresh daubber tips but the process was not a simple on and eventually they expected you to pay for them. A bit like the Dina Wakely gloss sprays - they will happily send a link to a new spray-head for you to buy. Off Soapbox now! And I love the 70s inspired card too - just my style!
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (4)

Neet said...

I don't know why they don't put dates on craft items, especially paints. Every time I sort paints out there are some dried up.
Sorry I am so late but I had an accident last Tuesday - broken ribs and my knee is wide open. Its a bit painful and I'm stuck with my leg up for quit3e a while apparently.
Hus, Neeet 7 xx