Wednesday, March 30, 2022

WOYWW #669

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Hi everyone out there! I hope you are enjoying Spring weather where you are. This week we've had +10°C down to -10°C weather, sunshine, rain, and snow. But, the snow is gone, it doesn't stay anymore! 

Here's my desk today, with my new painting art journal.


The class I did this week with my painting course was making something lovely from something ugly. This was SO ugly!

I really didn't think I could do it. But then it turned into this...


Ick! Even worse! Then it turned into this...


Eeew! Is it ever going to get better? Then this...


A little better...then this


OK, I think I like it now! I will probably come back to it, but it's pretty busy as it is!


Here are Inky and Mittsy playing in the morning. Inky ends up chasing her tail after Mittsy leaves!


That's it from us today, I hope you all have a great week! Mittsy and Inky say "meow!"



12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I loved the step by step shots of the Ugly to Pretty page! To be honest, I couldn’t see how you could possibly rescue the dark greens and browns but it’s a triumph, the results are lovely!
HUgs LLJ 9 xxx

Neet said...

How uplifting it was to see the transformation growing in front of our ow eyes of your book pages. Maybe I should not give up as easily as I do with some of the things I create. A total transformation, well done!
I don't envy you the weather, what dramatic changes. I do however, envy you having Inky and Mittsy, they look as if they bring such joy and laughter to your lives.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Caro said...

So cool to see the ugly to pretty transformation - those pages really do look lovely now. Happy WOYWW. Take care, with love & God bless, Caro xxx (#12)

glitterandglue said...

Hi Linda. So glad you showed us those steps and explained them... The differences are outstanding. Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #5

Crafting With Jack said...

Great to see the progress of your painting. I can’t remember who said it but, they say there is always an ugly stage in a painting. Have a great week. Angela #4

Sarah Brennan said...

SO good to see the ugly --> gorgeous step by step Linda - love them both. Glad the snow has gone; we may get some overnight. Meow to Mittsy and Inky. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Mary Anne said...

LOL! I heard once a well known AJer say "You have to work thru the ugly" and truer words were never spoken LOL! All my pages are ugly before the are good. Love seeing the progression!
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (2)

Helen said...

I think you did good with your pages, keep adding the layers!! I must get back to playing in journals as I've not done any for ages. We are about to have a big temperature swing here too, not quite as low as yours though! Take care, have a good week Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

That is one busy desk! but much happier than an empty one for sure. Your journal pages are brilliant. The weather here is changing again. It's been really warm but today it's much cooler with rain and sun, guess that's spring for you. Have a lovely creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x13x

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the stages in your ugliest/ugly/less ugly...journal pages. I think the result is just lovely. Shows you just have to keep going! I think my pages often just remain at the ugly...
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #11

Tracy said...

Happy 1st of April Linda 🤗 I am looooving seeing all the stages your art pages went through to turn into the beauties they are 🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺 Wishing for warmer days up here in Scotland, we've had flutters of snow on and off this week with temps dropping ... but the sun has been shining through it all ☀️ with the promise of warmer days 😘 sending love and hugs Tracy #14 xxx

Spyder said...

oh kittens! They are just tooooo cute! Loving the painted pages...Id love to have a go, but where would I put it all! Happy Very Late Last weeks WOYWW ((Lyn))#21 See you later!