Wednesday, March 23, 2022

WOYWW #668

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Hello to everyone! Spring has sprung, how nice! Here it still feels like winter, although I did see some snowdrops last week in Toronto!

I had a wonderful trip to see my granddaughter, Jasper, and got to see her turn 10 months old! Almost crawling, she actually crawled a few steps the day after I left, but not since! I did no art all week, mostly played with Jasper and helped DD with housework, and read during the downtimes, A couple of walks, a lunch out, some take-outs in, and I got to see what a Good Food box is all about. (The food was really good!)

 Here is my desk this morning, I'm working on a journal page from the Susan Allard course that I bought last week. Something out of my comfort zone - painting flowers and layering! I'm terrible at layering, so I hope this helps that little problem too! 


here is layer #1


And a close up of layer #2

I will probably be working on this for most of the week.

Here are a couple of photos of my Granddaughter - I miss her so much!




And here is what the cats are up to: in-out-in-out...


And Mittsy having a little nap while I'm working at the dining room table.

That's it for today!

I hope all of you are having a lovely Spring so far! Until next week, Mittsy and Inky say "meow"! And they hope for warmer weather so they can go outside longer, but we know warmer weather brings out the foxes, and Mittsy and Inky will have to train them all over again to stay away!

PS: if anyone likes fantasy adventure, I just finished "Daughter of the Moon Goddess" by Sue Lynn Tan, excellent book!



10 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, Jasper is lovely and I bet you had a great time. Good luck with the journal page, it looks good to me. Hugs for the kitties and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x13x

Mary Anne said...

I like your layering. I'm not super great at it either but sometimes I get it right. And OMG your grand-daughter is adorable! Your cat, hiding behind the lamp made me smile - I just love WOYWW visits.
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (1)

Helen said...

great layers - I love step 2! Jasper is looking very glam in her sunnies! great photos. Thanks for sharing. happy WOYWW Helen #2

glitterandglue said...

Hi Linda. Great work on that page - well done. Spring has indeed sprung here on the North Wales coast - but maybe only for this week... could well go cold again next week. What a precious time you had with your grandee - gorgeous pictures.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #12

Neet said...

Jasper is such a treasure to you and I can see why. What a lovely little one she is - can understand why you didn't get crafting done that week.
Enjoy the course, looking forward to seeing how many layers you have to do eventually.
That photo of Inky wanting to go out is brilliant - but they do have to take care if foxes are about.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Jasper looks gorgeous, love the picture of her I. Sunglasses. I am intrigued with the layering, looking forward to see your work progress. Happy WOYWW.Angela #7

Sharon Madson said...

Your cats are adorable, but your granddaughter even more so! Thanks for the peek. #23

Sarah Brennan said...

Jasper looks so cool and cute in the leopard print and shades Linda. Glad you had a chance to spend time with her and the family. I like the start to your layers. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

Tracy said...

Oh my giddy aunt Linda, your grandaughter Jamine is adoreable🥰💕⭐ I'm so glad you had such a lovely time, the best of days! Loving the look of your layers and flowers 🌸🌸🌸 sending tickles toooo Inky and Mittsy . Love and hugs Tracy #20 xxxx

Susan Renshaw said...

Beautiful pictures of your granddaughter!
Love those bold circles on layer 2!

Sorry I am so late with the second half...happy WOYWW! Susan #17