Wednesday, December 29, 2021

WOYWW #656

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Greetings to all in Cyberland! I hope you are all safe and happy, and ready for a new year!

We got an early Christmas morning call from our daughter and her family, we were still in bed half asleep and they had already opened stockings and presents! Seeing Jasper (BTW, Jasper is a girl! Jasper is a common boy's name, but not so common as a girl's name! It took me awhile to get used to it) and the kids was a nice start to the day. We had a lovely Christmas, just the two of us and the cats, no stress, easy Roast Pork dinner in front of the telly watching Coronation St! Big dinner coming up on Friday when the kids are here with Jasper. We will have turkey with all the fixin's, then after dinner - New Year's Eve, then the next day, my birthday. Whew. Probably some stress there! Three special days rolled into one! 

Here is my desk this morning. I'm just making another bookmark, a great thing to do when nothing special is forthcoming! I've stacked things on top while it's drying. You can see some tag dies for Christmas presents, and a larger container that will now hold my remotes as well as long strips of paper.


I know there are a few others watching their carbs, I had a lovely Christmas breakfast of low-carb waffles with eggs and bacon while hubby had a giant cinnamon bun with his bacon and eggs.

Here is the recipe for the gingerbread cake I made, some of you were asking about it. I would add a bit more of the spices, and I didn't frost it. I think I added cinnamon to the spices as well: https://greenandketo.com/keto-gingerbread-cake

I was very spoiled his year, I got my UHU glue to last a little while, and 2 new music stencils, and another kind of swirly stencil. And lot of other goodies including earrings, necklace made of Jasper, and an electric stovetop grill. With all the extra appliances I have, I hardly ever use the stove anymore! A gift card for Michael's and for Amazon (and a few more). And I still have Birthday presents to come!

Hubby got a crokinole game, which I took a chance on, because he never tells me what he wants. But we've been playing it every day, its a fun thing to do together!


And of course, the kitties. They LOVE Christmas, seem to know every year as we all go downstairs for stockings (something they don't do every day - how do they know?) They each get a catnip pillow, than a few toys. Mittsy broke hers on the first swipe, but the pet store won't replace it, I'm waiting to hear from the company, but I know just where to write a review if I don't hear from them...

So Christmas #2 is coming on Friday, should be a big day with Jasper here! 

I hope everyone else had a lovely Christmas, whether it was quiet or busy, both are good! Stay safe, get your booster, and craft on!

We all wish you a Happy New Year, and may 2022 be the year we get back to some kind of normal!





9 comments:

Helen said...

Wishing you a happy New Year and second Christmas - sorry I didn't catch on before that Jasper was a girl! I never know what to get people for gifts either, sounds like you made good choices, although I don't know the game you mentioned. Helen #1

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Lovely that you will have two Christmases - and a birthday! Many happy returns! Oreo was with us too when we opened our presents - he got a giant gift box of Dreamies - his favourite treat - and new food bowl. I wouldn't expect those cat toys to last two minutes LOL - if they send you a replacement, it will just be the same. One of the stocking fillers I gave my son this year (a flynova pro) broke on the second use. I'll just write it off as a lesson and will post a review with a photo of the broken item! If that doesn't put people off, I don't know what will. These things should not be on the market! Have a lovely time with your family - happy birthday and a happy new year! xx zsuzsa #21

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Well, you’re having a lovely festive season! Great presents, lovely food and being with family, how wonderful!
Wishing you a happy and healthy 2022,
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I'm with you, praying for a better new year. Maisie and Stan didn't seem to realise it was Christmas but they spent most of the day in the car while we visited my mum. Sounds like you got some great gifts and hopefully more to come. I have to say I got a bit confused at first when you said the necklace was made of Jasper but I looked again and got it. I was impressed when you said you watch Coronation Street as I never miss it, it's the law in our house. Hope your birthday is a happy one. Sending hugs, Angela x9x

BJ said...

Nice you got to do some crafting at least and what on earth is a crokinole game??? Must google that LOL glad you are enjoying it though. Happy New Year BJ#17

Julia Dunnit said...

Well my bad Linda, I knew you had a granddaughter and I didn’t at all make the connection! amazing how different we are with a common language isn’t it, even names! I love that you were given jewellery made of Jasper, that’s a beautiful touch. You scored with the game, but I’ve no clue as to what it is, Crokinole…not even sure how to pronounce it! Your weekend is for sure going to be busy, it will be lovely! Happy New Year and Happy Birthday too!!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Such a happy fun post, Have a Fantastic BIRTHDAY and 2nd Christmas. Will goggle the game. We play one about everyday DIZZIO's very limited production, but I found it for Mom/Dad We all loved playing it when there. Matching colors. Enjoy your family time, I miss that 3 girls in Germany, 3 3hrs away so will do time with them soon as we have a travelable weekend. Wishing you and yours the very best for the NEW YEAR 2022.

Crafting With Jack said...

Wishing you a very happy New Year. What a shame about the cat toy. Hope you are able to get a replacement. I Googled the game name as I had not heard of it, sounds fun. We have had a busy time, I can’t wait to get back in the craft room! Angela #15

Crafting With Jack said...

Forgot to say thank you for the gingerbread link. x.