Wednesday, January 12, 2022

WOYWW #658

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!

Happy New Year everyone! So sorry I missed last week, I was just so busy I couldn't make the time. Today is the exact opposite! With Daughter and Granddaughter back to their home it is very quiet here. We all miss them even the cats! So now I am a year older, but I don't feel it at all. But it is hard not being able to see anyone or go anywhere. All the restaurants are closed, and even the schools are closed until next week. I'm happy staying home though, and grateful that I don't have to go to work. I'm becoming quite the home-body. I might go out once a week at the most to get groceries and do errands. Anyway, that's my life in a nutshell, but you want to see my desk, so here it is:

What a mess! I needed something from my collage picture storage tray, and I ended up organizing it. Here I am, halfway through, The bookmark you see is from a card that my good friend Therese in Edmonton sent me on a birthday card. I love bookmarks! I'm going to seal it so it doesn't get damaged. I got a gift card for Michaels and one for our local stamp store. I always know just what I need until I have a GC to buy it, then I have such a hard time deciding! You can also see my junk journal getting fatter and fatter! Close to the end! I want to play with my Gelli plate, so I may be able to show you some of those next week. If I get up the gumption...

My favourite (non crafty) Christmas gifts this year are my Echo Dot (Alexa) and my picture frame full of photos of Jasper and Family that changes every minute. My DD can add photos to it all the way from Toronto! Isn't technology wonderful! 

Here's a pic of DD and Jasper on our "Christmas Morning" which was actually Dec 31st.



I hope all of you had a wonderful start to 2022! Mittsy has taken to joining us at 5pm for "wine time", and often sits and watches the photos of Jasper change, I think she misses her! She would always stay close by Jasper and watch her intently. Inky ignored Jasper!



Have a wonderful week, and "meow" from Mittsy and Inky!





10 comments:

Neet said...

Aren't cats strange creatures, but lovable pets that we would not be without. Nothing more soothing than sitting stroking a cat, especially if they purr for you.
It's terrible what the pandemic has done to a lot of people, thankfully I have not felt the urge to be out and about too much so I think crafting has helped a lot. How it must be for people without a hobby I don't know. I am sure the photo thingie has made a big difference ad you can watch the little one grow now and be kept up to date with his progress by photos. That an Alexa must have been great gifts to open.
Keep your chin up and stay healthy. I read today numbers are goinf down here so that is good news for once.
Hugs, Neet xx 12

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Your life sounds very familiar, we have to be really careful because of my mum and for our own safety too. There seems to be a lot more Covid around here at the moment. I would so love to get a peek in your journal. That is a beautiful photograph of DD and Jasper, love it. Happy creative woyww, Angela x13x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

W hat a wonderful couple of weeks for you, family home, lots of cuddles, can’t be beaten! What a thoughtful present the digital photo frame is, especially as your daughter can update it remotely, technology is fantastic sometimes! That’s a lovely pic of your gal and her gal, one to treasure!
Have fun sorting out your desk!
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Mary Anne said...

My alexa doesn't like me. I am always cursing at her for not doing what I ask her to - "Play a Blues playlist" I say. "Shuffling songs by BLUE" she says.... BAH! Staying in is best for not, I agree. It we can just wait out the latest surge it seems things may take a turn for the better. The picture of DD and J is adorable and the cats quite cute as well. Enjoy your Gelli and do share. I will look forward to seeing your pulls for sure!

Stay Safe & Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (5)

Helen said...

Glad you had a good birthday - I am sure you'll spend the GC soon. Great to have time with the family too, I bet the house seems empty now they're home. Hopefully things will soon - finally - start easing soon. Thanks for dropping by - I love raindrops too (for photos!!) Helen #6

Anne said...

Hello. Happy birthday. I had read/heard about all restrictions :-( - we are being really careful still.
It was so quiet here after family went home after Christmas :-( That is a very sweet photo. Take care Anne x

Crafting With Jack said...

That photo frame is a lovely gift and will bring you lot’s of pleasure, especially if your daughter can update it. Have a great week Angela #4

glitterandglue said...

Hi Linda. Goodness. Sounds like you have all sorts of exciting plans for the immediate future... enjoy! Lovely shot of your daughter and youngster there. Yes, "quite a home body" seems to describe many at the moment. I confess to getting out and about a bit Spent time with my family near Christmas - our family Christmas Day was December 23rd! Had a gorgeous walk on the [rom today in sunshine - I won't say it was warm, but it was incredibly blue sky!! Glorious - the tide was out, the sun was shining,alots of folk out enjoying it.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #8

Sarah Brennan said...

My brother's cat used to be ike that when Mum and Dad came home from Canada and they were Skyping Linda. Everything is open here so there is unfortunately no staying at home for me although I wouldn't mind that. SO far all my LFT tests are coming back negative so that's good. Love the family photo. I need to get some photos added to my Echo Dot as well. Have fun spending the vouchers and hope the rest of the sorting goes well. Meow to the kitties! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

My name is Cindy said...

Love love the baby pic!! I have become a bit of a homebody myself - find it such a struggle to motivate myself to get out of the house! Have had a busy week this week though and today I am just exhausted. I've already two little lie downs. I blame the grey skies. Have a good week, love n hugs, Cindy xx