Wednesday, January 19, 2022

WOYWW #659

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!

Hello! On Monday we had a big snowstorm that left us with 40 cm, 15.75 inches. It slowed us down for a few hours, but everything is moving normally now. I am writing this on Tuesday, where our temperature today is -11°C, or 12.2°F. A wee cold, but it was much colder last week, and will be much colder in a few days. I am so grateful I don't have to go anywhere!

Here is my desk:

I need some page dividers so I am making them. You can see the punch I used to make the tabs. This is the first of 10.

I have been playing with my gelli plate this week with frustrating results. Either I use too much paint and the brayer just slides around, or too little paint and it dries before I can get my paper on. I can't seem to hit the right amount. I've watched several videos, some use teeny tiny amounts of paint and get great results. I have a "cheaper" gelli plate, wondering of that has anything to do with it, also it is fairly old. People keep saying "don't clean your plate" so I don't, but I'm not getting the neat effects they say I should. I have ordered a small ATC size plate, so at least I won't be wasting too much paper as I try to get the hang of it. Any suggestions would be welcome!

Here is my plate:


I've tried a few kinds of paint, craft, and a few types of acrylic. I haven't tried Distress Paint yet, it's supposed to be good.

Here are the results. I have since cut them all up to use in my journals or as card fronts.


I have made one card so far just to try it. My black needs re-inking.


Enough of that, I may continue to try this out while waiting for my small plate to arrive. I also used some prints in my journal.

Here is a photo of me and Jasper at Christmas. I love this photo! She has such a happy smile!



Well that's it for me today. The cats are getting fat and lazy because they can't go outside, but once in awhile I see them tearing around the house like they are being chased by a fox! Sometimes they are chasing each other, hiding in their tunnels, around corners, behind doors, in boxes,  or their tent, ready to pounce when one of them goes by! 

Have a wonderful week, stay safe and warm! The cats say "Meow"!

This isn't Inky, but if she were brave enough to plow through the snow, this is what it would have looked like on Monday!


















7 comments:

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. That is a lot of snow and very cold temperatures. I haven't experienced any snow like that since around about 2000, when I lived in a city and even the city roads were not passable for a few days. Milky the Cat gets restless when the weather is bad too. She may be nearly 15, but she still likes to get out to hunt. Gelli Plates - something I have actually never done. Watched many demonstrations on the craft tv channels and I would love to make my own backgrounds, but I tend to just follow some art journaling techniques for backgrounds, ie often just scraping the paint on randomly. Stay warm. Ali x #24 ps The photo of you and your granddaughter is just precious. They grow up far too fast.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, sounds cold where you are. It's been up and down here but sunny this afternoon. Good luck with the new Gelli plate, I just think you have to keep practicing. I've used Distres inks on mine which is a favourite of Tracy at Lavinia Stamps. Loving little Jasper, he has your eyes. Hugs to the kitties too. Have a happy woyww, Angela x1x

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love the snow when you haven’t got to be anywhere as well! That sounds blooming cold to me but you’re so well set up to cope. Gorgeous pic of you and Jasper, lovely smiles! Your masterboards turned out well, the red one on the card is fab.
Hugs LLJ 2 xx

Helen said...

I hope you manage to stay warm and safe from the snow - it's fine till you need to get places. We get it so rarely here (in quantity) that everything grinds to a halt. Have a great week - that is a lovely photo of you and Jasper. Helen #13

Neet said...

Gosh, thats a lot of snow. Don't envy you.
Aaw love the photo of you and Jasper, what a happy baby.
As for Gelli plates, I too have not learned the secret of success with one. A few posts back I used a piece of paper I had done as a print and I liked it. But not a clue when I did it or how or what I used. So guess I might have had the odd one that worked well.
Like the look of your page dividers.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx

Mary Anne said...

Lovely grungy Gel Plate! Here is what works for me - if you want to pull off all the layers of dried on stuff, roll out a fairly thin layer of paint, heavy body paint works best. Lay your sheet of paper (not thin paper, unless it's rice paper) on, press it down, then put a book on it to weight it down. Leave it, maybe even overnight. In the AM you SHOULD be able to pull off all the grunge for a fabulous textured piece. As an alternative, you can use clear packing tape on dried paint only. It will lift it all of and you can use it in other art!
Hope one of those works for you :)

Stay Safe & a late but Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (3)

Sarah Brennan said...

Canada is so much better at dealing with snow than here in the UK Linda. We would have ground to a halt for a week lol. It is worth looking at Barbara Gray's videos with regard to gelli plates. ALso try ink with a brayer rather than paint. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4