Wednesday, December 15, 2021

WOYWW #654

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!

Hello everyone! All the snow is gone, we don't know if we will have a white Christmas after all. We got our 3rd jab yesterday, my Mom gets hers today, my kids are still too young, unfortunately. Omicron is sweeping across our little city causing all sorts of problems. We now have over 1000 covid cases. This time last year we had about 26, but no one was vaccinated and everything was shut down.  I'm worried that we won't be seeing the kids or Jasper this year again. We have been set up to see them after Christmas, but gatherings are now limited to 5 people, so even if they do come we won't be able to have anyone else like my Mom or brother over. So I'm pretty worried. 

My desk this morning, still working on Christmas cards.


I had two rolls of wide Christmas ribbon I had never used, so I wanted to use some in a card, and ended up making several.


And a few more cards I made over the week:

                                                                    Hero Arts Stamp

The truck was a stamped image I've had forever, but I wish I had the stamp! The trees in the background are Hero Arts, the tree is a die cut.


This was also from some stamped images I had forever. I had 3, I ruined one, and cut the middle out of one and placed it over the third for a kind of 3-D effect. You can't really tell from the photo.

That's it for today. My pics of the cats didn't show up on my icloud photos for some reason, today is full of problems! Picasa didn't want to work at all. 





Have a great week! Meow from Inky and Mittsy! 





8 comments:

Helen said...

I hope your Christmas plans aren't all thrown out. numbers here are rising rapidly too, I am glad I have had my booster now and hope to keep clear of it! I fear after Christmas things may get more restrictive but I am not sure people will obey! Take care and stay safe. Helen #2

Elizabeth said...

Oh dear, I do hope you get to see all your family over Christmas as planned. The number of Covid cases have increased here in our County too so we're back to limited social interaction. My husband and I have had our booster already but our grandson who lives with us is having his on Saturday. Your cards are all beautiful. Have a good week. Elizabeth x #18

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh that would be a shame if you don’t get to see the family because of COVID, it’s so sad…we’re the same in the UK. Your cards are great fun especially the truck and tree, I like that one very much!
Hugs LLJ 8 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, don't ask where I've been but I've only just got round to opening the laptop. Loving the cat funnies and your C. cards. The Omicron Covid seems to be spreading very quickly but there are still people here that don't want to have the vaccine or wear masks and I don't understand them. Hope you manage to see your family at some time. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x14x

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh Linda, I fervently hope that Omicron doesn’t take this Christmas away from you, and your scheduled visit will go ahead, it’s such a pity that your Mum will be outside the five! We’re allowed max two at a time into the care home to visit my mum, and although she’d hasnt a clue what or who or why, we’ve got one day in Christmas week where five people want to see her, so there’s going to end some shivering in car parks, but that’s the worst so far, public rules are unchanged despite omicron sweeping through. Weave paved back some of our plans and are avoiding busy places again, I figure the government won’t do it because of the economy, so we have to self risk assess. Your cards are lovely, that truck is a PSX stamp if my memory serves me well, bet they’re going for a few dollars on eBay by now, although I have seen a similar one by other companies. That Hero Arts stamp is just beautiful on that background, what a great way to use it. Hope your preps are on track! Have a good week, try not to worry.

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you have managed to get your boosters Linda. My brother has to get his Canadian vaccines registered here before he can get his now. Great cards and the cat tree funny was my favourite. Hope your CHristmas plans are too spoilt. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Crafting With Jack said...

It is very worrying. I am glad you have had your booster and your mother is getting hers tomorrow. I do hope you will be able to meet up with your loved ones over Christmas. x Angela #11

Mary Anne said...

This virus is horrid and the idea it will ruin Christmas two years i a row is so very sad. I hope you manage a good holiday anyway. Fingers crossed. Why is it the stupid thing can't mutate itself out of existence? That would be the best gift to the world ever. On a more festive note, your cards are lovely and that final cat provided quite a smile, and a much needed one!
Late AGAIN, but Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (1)