Friday, July 13, 2012

Stretch Your Stamps day 2

 Today's challenge  was Collage Stamps. I have a lot of those, but not the one they used, so again I had to improvise. They were also making windows, something I really have not done. I have a Spellbinders Wizard, but I can't get it to work for me, it's always been frustrating for me, so I rarely use it. Luckily my friend Therese had the Big Shot, but then all our Nestibilities were too small. Aaaarghhh! So we had to do the cutting and embossing by hand.  No wonder I don't make windows! But in the end, I like both of my cards, and will probably be tempted to buy the bigger dies! (And a Big Shot!)

First card:

notice the butterflies are pink - they were supposed to be clear, but I used the wrong embossing ink. Tells you how long it's been since I've been embossing! I actually had to go out and buy white embossing powder. Shameful!

Second card:

I really like this one, favorite so far! It has an acetate "window".

Third Card:

Kind of a combo of Day 1 and 2- I used one of the backgrounds that didn't turn out like I wanted it to, and now I love it!

Just goes to show. . . !!




2 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, your class projects turned out so great!! I love your take on all of them. These are super!!! And your stamp choices are right on. :D

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving all three of your cards- love the window too- and the third image is awesome and the BG is so pretty with the card!