Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend in TO and visit to Ottawa

Our "vacation" time this summer was spent in Toronto for a few days, visiting with our DD, and then to Ottawa, to get my passport and visit a few museums. We had a fantastic time in both places! We stayed in Toronto in a B&B near CJ's house (first time in a B&B, it was luxurious!) CJ took us to the ROM, where we saw the Dead Sea Scrolls, and lots more. Here are a few photos from that trip:

Mr. T!








Neat chandelier embedded into a canvas

This is the new added on "Crystal" to the ROM. It was added to the outside of the building, which you can still see on the inside. The crystal has added a lot of room to the ROM.



The garden at our B&B



next - Ottawa! Here is the National Art Gallery

Right under the spider you can see the special exhibit
sign for "From Raphael to Caracci-The Art of Papal Rome"
What an incredible exhibit! If you can possibly get to this, I highly recommend it.


The next day we were off to Hull, and the Museum of Civilization, a favourite!
This dragon was at the entrance of the new exhibit "Mythic Beasts, Dragons, Unicorns and Mermaids" We love this museum and visit whenever we can!

The first floor, First People's Hall

Looking at the Parliament Buildings through a waterfall

Lunch!

Well, I guess that's it for the summer. Back to work on Monday (even though I've been there almost every day this summer!) But more art is on it's way, I have several projects up my sleeve!

1 comment:

Marlynn said...

WOW WOW WOW... the Dead Sea Scrolls. Your trip sounds so exciting and I love the hugh spider (but I would since I like them kind of movies LOL). Glad you had a chance to get away for a little vacation! hugs,