Wednesday, October 05, 2022

WOYWW #696

  Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Hello October! It ranges from 4°C to 21°C in one day these days! The cats are now waiting for it to warm up before they venture outside. I missed last week's post because I got Covid from my hubby who got it several days before. Try as I might to avoid it, it found me. It's over now, and I'm left with a terrible sounding cough that seems to be getting better every day. But I did mange to get some things done in my art room when I felt better.

Here is today's desk:

It looks like I'm just making a mess, and you would be right. It's called "mark making" and I'm using found items to make marks on different types of papers. There is a purpose to all of this which will be revealed eventually. I also dyed some fabrics using natural dyes that I found around the house, mostly teas, but I also had some very old saffron that I used to get a bit of a yellow colour. I wanted to use turmeric, which I couldn't find, but then did, of course, the next day. I'll use it next time.






That's it for me today, I leave you with a picture of my SIL walking with Jasper - she's walking now!

                                                                                Twins!

This weekend is Thanksgiving here in Canada, we will have a small gathering (it went from 10 to 6 over the last few days), but best of all we will get to see Jasper and her parents!

Have a great week!



16 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving. I hope that cough goes away soon and you don’t have any after affects lingering. Happy WOYWW. Angela #9

Mary Anne said...

Oh dear. Covid is making the rounds again - my daughter has it and right now, the Hubster and I are just trying to avoid it as best we can. Typical, we ll just got the new vaccine on Friday and she tested positive on Monday. Arrghh! Be well, recover quick, and enjoy you eco-dyeing experiments.
Happy WOYWW, on the day!
Mary Anne (1)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry to hear about the Covid, I don't know about where you are but it's been very active again in the UK. But at least you're feeling well enough now to do some crafting. The natural dyeing brings back memories as I used to do lots of it in the past, it's so interesting to see what colours you end up with different plants. Have agreat Thanksgiving, little Jasper is lovely. Take care and wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x12x

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Enjoy A Happy Thanksgiving with family. Such pretty colors you have with your dying. Love the mark making, and hope you soon are back to good health. I use Vicks Vapor rub and drink ginger tea for sinus/coughs/etc
30 here tonight, will cover tomatoes/flowers as warmer in the last of the week. We need rain. Enjoy

Annie said...

It's been anaother busy day for me ad I'm only just finding time to visit the desks.....better late then never eh?
Sorry to hear you've had Covid....I hope your cough is soon gone.
Hugs
Annie x #7

BJ said...

Not you as well with the old COVID it's a right pain isn't it. Knocked me for six yet again with various stress induced side effects too, oh my! Hope you are feeling better soon and I'm looking forward to the mark making demystifying. Love Jasper, glad you said "she" as it tends to be a male name here in the UK and her outfit matching Dad didn't help matters, so cute - BJ#6

Tracy said...

Sending you both get well wishes Linda πŸ€— glad you starting to feel better,long may it continue 🀞 Loooooving your desk with the mark making ... I swoooooned over your dyed fabrics ...love love love,they turned out beautifully ⭐ Fab photo of your SIL with Jasper ... they grow up so quickly ... she is a wee cutie pie πŸ’– Happy thanksgiving for the weekend πŸ’• Sending love and hugs your way Tracy #13 xxxx

Helen said...

Sorry you caught covid but glad you're on the way to recovery. Look at Jasper!! that's so sweet...no stopping her now! Have a great week Helen #2

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sorry about the Covid! So many fabulous things going on here - love these colours. Happy WOYWW, Chrisx

My name is Cindy said...

Have a wonderful family Thanksgiving! Your weather sounds as unpredictable as ours is at the moment. Glad you are over Covid, I'm still managing to dodge that bullet but not for long now I guess. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindy xx #8

Sarah Brennan said...

Happy Thanksgiving Linda - glad that you and hubby are over COVID in time to celebrate. Mine has gone down with it for the first time this week too but so far I hav managed to avoid catching it again. Great dye experiments. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

glitterandglue said...

Hi Linda. Happy Thanksgiving this coming weekend. Enjoy the get together! Hmm... mark making - now that sounds like a secret project on the way! Enjoy having fun. Your fabric dying has turned out well. What do you hope to do with it all?
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #4

Lynnecrafts said...

Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving for this weekend. I love your dyed fabrics. What do you use to fix the dye?
I'm late today as we had a log delivery yesterday and stacking it wore me out!

Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 13

Lynnecrafts said...

And I meant to say, I hope you feel better from your covid soon xx
Take care
Lynnecrafts 13

StampinCarol said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Hope the cough goes away soon. We use Delsym 12 cough syrup which helps us a lot with coughs.
Your dyed fabrics are pretty cool!
Get better soon!
Carol N #18

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I’m sorry you got covid, but glad you’re rid of it for thanksgiving and time with your fam. Oh my word, how quickly Jasper is growing, what a sweet picture! I love the deliberate mark making, am fascinated by the reason behind it, I shall watch in interest! have a great Thanksgiving weekend!