Wednesday, June 22, 2022

WOYWW #681

  Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Hi! Happy Summer! Let the heat begin! I am looking forward to a nice hot lazy summer, now that my garage is finished - finally!

                               Ready for the car in the winter!




          This is the "working side" of the garage. I feel so much better now that it's all done.

What happened to those big green bags of junk I took out of the garage? you may ask - here's the answer! It was so gratifying to watch!

 
                                          All GONE!!!

Anyway, now for my desk this week:


I made a Father's Day card for hubby:


This is actually a stamp that he chose the last time we were in the stamp store together. "Manly" cards are not his thing, nature is! I put Pearl-x on the wings to make them shimmer, but it's hard to see in the photo.

I have been able to work on my garden a bit. This is my "Perennial Garden" but only a couple of plants seem to survive each year so this year I thought I would put annuals in pots and see how that worked out. Kind of a "wild " garden look which I like!


And beside it is a pot of Gladioli that I planted, and my tomatoes. First time I've planted Glads!


I also have all my herbs in pots scattered around.

My roses are starting to bloom too!


All is good! I hope all of you are doing well too, enjoying the good weather and wonderful gardens! Have a great week, Inky and Mittsy say "meow!"





8 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Ooh the garage is looking great Linda - your hard work has certainly paid off. Great card for Father's Day too. Meow to the kitties! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Crafting With Jack said...

Top marks for a tidy garage and for a lovely dragonfly card. Nothing much gets planted in my garden, we are away too long in the summer, I did buy new pond plants this year so I hope they are doing alright. I love roses, but I don’t like the thorns! Happy WOYWW. Angela #11

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hooray for having a tidy neat garage, that was a good job done. It must have been so satisfying seeing the junk just taken away like that. Your garden is looking fab, lovely to see!
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, we're back. It's been a great day but hot. Looks like you've been busy but it's so satisfying when big jobs are completed. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x9x

Mary Anne said...

Your garage is a work of art - well, nearly :). And I love your view on cards. The great thing about making them is being able to tailor them to the recipient in whatever way is best. You rarely see a super floral fathers day card - it's all tools and brown and blue and grey, or cars or bikes or helmets or balls (sports ones obviously LOL!) Bet he loved your one.
Happy WOYWW next-day!
Mary Anne (1)

My name is Cindy said...

Ooh you must be so pleased with how the garage turned out and yes, getting rid of 'trash' is very satisfying (and therapeutic!!). I despair in this house, it is just too full. Other than gardening my hubby isn't in to the 'trad' male cards either. I alwaus have a chuckle when he gets sailboats or vintage cars (he doesn't drive) from his sister (she is in her 80s). Mind you, a beer mug will also suit but you can't do that every year. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #5

Julia Dunnit said...

I don’t know where to start! the garage looks great, you must be pleased every time you go in there, I totally understand why watching the big lorry take away the big bags was so satisfying! Glad the weather is turning summery, it’ll be lovely and your garden will be a haven. That rose is just beautiful. my ma-in-law grows Gladioli , I hope you get the same results that she does, they’re lovely! I have a bed of perennials that are either incredibly behind or not quite as perennial as they should be, they’ve got this summer to prove themselves and then like you, I think I’m going to plant annuals and be done! Love the card for DH, and PearlEx, ah, makes me want to get all mine out and have a long and pretty play!

Spyder said...

Wow the garage looks fab, and all rubbish gone! Ours is full to the brim with fridges and freezers an icemaking machine and bits of wood and metel, hubby's bikes and grindes and sanders and other things that are oily and ...well you get the picture! It's far too small for a car! Your desk top looks busy! Sorry I'm sooo late, house sitting dogs and having trouble commenting on some blogs. Have great week, Keep on crafting! HaPpY WOYWw ((Lyn))#16