Wednesday, June 08, 2022

WOYWW #679

  Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!

Well here we are again, another week passed! Here in Ontario we are having much cooler weather than we did in May, and LOTS of rain. It makes for comfortable hours at my new "desk", my garage. I think I'm close to the end of my purge and organizing, my May-June long project. I'm learning new things, like how to use my new power drill that I got for Christmas! So far I have attached the new shelves to the wall, and installed a garden hose reel that I've been at my hubby for years to install. He did coach me, but I did it!   No more waiting for years for things to happen! That is the extent of my creativity this week!





This last photo is of a toybox that I painted for my DD when she was born, I think it looks pretty good for 36 years old! Now it has a new purpose! I have this incredible urge to paint the slats on the tool holder...you never know! 

That's it for me, hopefully I will get back to my real desk soon. Have a great week, hope you all have recovered from the Jubilee Weekend (those who participated!). Inky and Mittsy say "meow" and will be enjoying a rare sunny day today!







10 comments:

Neet said...

Seems as if your weather is similar to ours in the north of England, lots of rain and colder than should be for the month of June. It is certainly not summer dress weather on those days.
I am impressed by your DIY skills. Well done you especially for beating husband to the addition of the garden hose to the bracket on the wall. Your skills have certainly made a difference in your craft area and it looks all super tidy and well organised.
Hugs, neet 7 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, we are definitely having mixed weather here some days it's warm and some days cold. The sun came out today and then it rained but we are in need of some rain to be honest. You made me smile when you said you had been at your hubby for years to do something as I got fed up of asking and dug up a small tree and moved it. He is normally good at doing stuff but for some reason just kept finding other stuff to do so I've sorted it. Take care with the power drill though. Loving the toy box it's so sweet. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x13x

Helen said...

You've worked wonders on your garage - and I love that toybox! Hope you get some dry days soon though. Happy WOYWW Helen #3

Mary Anne said...

LOL! We have that exact same media player! I hold on to it for tapes and the occasional CD. And yes, the toy box still looks lovely. Well impressed by your garden hose reel and your palette wood rake and shovel holder. Maybe not a craft desk but is scratches the itch of seeing what others are up to :)
Happy WOYWW to you!
Mary Anne (4)

Crafting With Jack said...

Love the toy box and in awe of you putting up shelves. I did brandish the drill at my husband once asking home to show me how to use it! He got up swiftly and did the job for me- don’t think he trusts me 🤣🤣. Angela #15

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh well done you for all the shelving and the hose Linda. Love the former toy box it does indeed look good for its age. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I am seriously impressed with your DIY skills especially having your own power tools too - way to go girl!! The little painted toy box is so pretty, that was a good make, it still looks great now!
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

My name is Cindy said...

Well I am seriously impressed with your DIY skills!! Well done you. I though I would have a day in the garden today but the non-descript weather has persuaded me back in to my craft room. Although its not overly warm here I'm hoping the washing will dry. Have a good week, love n hugs, Cindy #22

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congrats on learning to use your power drill. I LOVE mine. That bench really DOES still look good and it's even monogrammed. A real gem. Nice to see progress in your garage, too.

This is the second time I've been without electricity in my neighborhood in the past two days. That's why I'm so late visiting, Linda. Happy WOYWW from # 1.


Susan Renshaw said...

What a beautiful toy box!
Enjoyed the other photos of your sorting too!!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #16