Wednesday, February 16, 2022

WOYWW #663

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentines Day (or Galentines Day as my single friends like to call it!) We had a lovely evening with music, dancing, homemade dinner, and candy! Anyway, here is my desk today, I was busy last week but I haven't been here at all this week. I think it's lonely!


Last week I made my mother's birthday card, and hubby's VDay card



I used Gelli Prints for the background of both. I also made a little Tag Book that I gave to my Mom for her birthday:






These were a set of tags that came with hubby's new winter coat, so I snatched them! I used my gelli prints for the backgrounds, and Tim Holtz's people, and some stamp embellishments I bought years ago. Also TH's words, some from the snarky set.

Last but not least, I managed to get a picture of Inky, laying in a most uncomfortable spot on top of my piano book on a small table beside the piano! Poor thing feels a bit lost in the winter!


Mittsy has found a new favourite spot down in the basement on a comfy chair in my hubby's office, I don't see her all day, I think she's hibernating!

Well, that's it for me, have a wonderful week, and "meow" from Mittsy and Inky!




11 comments:

Sharon Madson said...

First of all, I love all your artwork! Lovely card for your mom! It is interesting to see how many of us have that TH glass mat on our desks. LOL
Love your gel print hearts too. I think I must get my geli plate out again and play. I have lots of prints, but I don't like them. Need to play! Happy WOYWW

Neet said...

Sounds like your Valentine Day was a great one - what a lovely evening you had. It came and went in our house - think we have just given up since Covid on celebrating it. My friend, however, rang last night to say she had got engaged on Valentine Day. He proposed under the Millennium Bridge where he had taken her for a celebratory weekend for her birthday, somewhere she chose to go. Now I must get on with a card for them.
Love the backgrounds you made with your Gelli Plate - I rarely get mine out because I have so little room. Maybe when it gets better weather I can spread out in the garden on the big table.
I think your Mittsy has the right idea if it is warm down there.
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Crafting With Jack said...

Love your tag book and hearts card. Sounds like you had a lovely Valentines’s evening. Happy WOYWW Angela #9

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I haven't heard of Galentines Day but it makes good sense! Your cards are lovely and I adore the way you grabbed your hubby's new clothes tag in order to alter it! My cat Ron isn't a fan of winter either, hence the pic on my blog today!
Hugs LLJ 3 xxx

Helen said...

I don't celebrate valentines day, but did see a whole list of alternatives, including galentines for female friends among it. the cards you made for yur mum's birthday and your hubby are gorgeous, as is the tag book. Have a great week Helen #20

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Your tag book looks great, bet you had fun working on that. The birthday cards are good too and Inky obviously knows all the best places. Wishing you and Inky a very happy woyww, Angela x8x

Susan Renshaw said...

Love the tag book - and the cards!

Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week!
Susan #10
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!


Julia Dunnit said...

Oh I knew you’d make something fab with those gelli pulls. Bet your mum loves the tag book. Lovely cards. I afraid valentines went by us without so much as a whisper, I’m not even sure how…I usually manage at least a slightly special supper! I think I’m with Mittsy tbh, will be so happy to see some bright warm skies!

Mary Anne said...

Such gorgeous cards - I keep saying I will drag out my gel plate and then, not doing it. Doh! Oh well, one day. I stumbled across a tag in my stash that was from a coat we bought for my daughter when she was about 5 (she's 25 now) still unused but dragged across the ocean more than once. Well done you for identifying the ones from hubby's coat AND making use of them so quickly, in such a lovely way. Kudos to you :)

Finally back to finish up!
Mary Anne (1)

Spyder said...

I've been having a sort out at our Lady Pams home after she passed and have come across some really lovely old black and white pictures and old money stamps that I'd love to use in a scrap book she started ages ago. A bit of colour and some embossing and they should look okay! Happy very Late WOYWW!? ((Lyn))#19

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Linda! Gorgeous, gorgeous makes! I understand your dilemma with the layering and believe me I have the same problem - I hate covering up my layers! Thanks so much for your long reply to my problems - yes, I do try to latch onto an image too (usually my ongoing art project) and I try not to let my thoughts wander but I don't always manage! And you're right about stopping the panic attacks in their track before they develop as well. Once they have developed it's too late because all the adrenalin and stress hormones are released stopping me from sleeping and keeping calm. It's a vicious circle! I'll speak to my GP this week and try to get him to prescribe some beta blockers or something to take the edge off my anxiety. Enjoy your week! Sorry I didn't make it to visit last week! xx zsuzsa (#7 from last week)