Wednesday, February 09, 2022

WOYWW #662

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!

Hello! It's still freezing here, still snowing, still hunkered down due to Covid and winter. Not much happening, the days seem to all meld into each other. WOYWW comes around very fast every week! I have been playing in my art room, mostly with my gelli plates or with the prints. I've added a lot to my exploding journal, it should be finished soon. Here is my desk Tuesday morning:


I had just tidied up after working on a journal page.

Here are a few journal pages from my square journal. The first one is a page I made using the Birthday Card my good friend Therese made for me (I hope she doesn't mind). I decided rather than keep the cards people send me in a box somewhere, I would use them in my journals and be able to enjoy them longer. I cut the card to fit the pages, used a gelli print to add to the space, and added the clown, the watch, the face on the right side and the car. She had a lovely bookmark attached to this card, that I will use as a bookmark.

Therese Malak made the lovely collaged background


These other pages I'm pretty sure you've seen before, but I thought I would add them anyway as I don't remember.




This journal also has just a few pages left in it.

Well, that's it for today, short and sweet. The kitties are wandering around here and there, Mittsy probably in her favourite chair in the basement with her Dad. We all say have a great week! "Meow!"



9 comments:

Therese said...

What a wonderful idea to use cards in your journal so you can remember them for a long time!! So glad you are staying creative and keeping busy with the cold. We are warm this week!!!! HUGS!! Therese
www.tmalakart.blogspot.ca

Neet said...

I think journaling your card is a great idea - and I love how you coordinate the pages facing one another.
Sorry the weather is not being nice to you - I guess we have got used to staying in with Covid these days and so when the weather is bad it makes little difference to our activities - or should I say lack of.
Have a good week and stay safe and well
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

Helen said...

that is a great idea to preserve the cards, and your pages look fab. Hope it warms up for you soon! I'm ready for spring, even though we've not had a very cold winter where I am. Happy WOYWW Helen #24

Sharon Madson said...

Amazing journal pages. I had just watched a you tube about making junk journals using cards that had been sent to us. She did one where she preserved the notes in them, and another for the card fronts cut in different ways. Love the gel prints. Have a great week. Sharon #25

Diana Taylor said...

Your journal pages are fabulous, and I think it's a great idea to include special cards in your journaling so you enjoy them for longer.
Hope you have a lovely week,
Diana xx #8

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving your journal Linda - great idea to use cards in it too. Hope it warms up a little for you soon. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #14

Mary Anne said...

LOVE how you used a card in the journal - so much better than stuffing them in a box to only enjoy when you stumble across that box! I really REALLY need to drag out my gel plate for a good long play but I need to clear some space first. Ugh!

Late again . . . but so very VAXED :)
Mary Anne (3)

Crafting With Jack said...

4 think that is a lovely idea to use your cards in your journals. Great journal pages by the way. Have a great week Angela #9

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh gosh I wonder when your weather will turn towards spring, hope it’s not too long! Like others, I love the idea of using the cars in your journal, gives them a wonderful life span! And of course, your journal pages are really fab, if I’ve seen them before, I don’t care, I love to look at them! Go you with the gelli printing, I bet they’re really useful for making up the journal pages.