Wednesday, August 03, 2022

WOYWW #687

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group! 

Greetings all! I missed last week as I was babysitting my granddaughter for the week. I had a blast! Except for the one day (Wednesday) when she was sick with her first tummy bug :-( But that's how things go.

When I got home I decided to re-vamp my art table so that I would have more room to work:

Now to keep it this way! That's always the hardest part! 

This is my desk this morning, after going through my paints and finding the colours I like best. Next I will put the swatches in my book for reference. I had never thought of doing this before, but it makes sense!



While in Toronto Jasper and I went for many walks in this park, played in the sand, went on the swings, and the toddler climber. Even went in the wading pool! Such a great place so close to her home!


And hamming it up is fun too!

Anyway, it's nice to be home, to my own little garden...


Tomatoes - almost fruiting, can't wait!!


the fountain - it's in the shade in the morning when I took this, so no fountain of water yet, but it's pretty! It certainly attracts the thirsty birds and squirrels, I think we have the busiest yard in the neighborhood!

Well, that's it for me today. As usual the kitties are out playing, watching the squirrels and exploring the yard, or sleeping in the sun. All wonderful activities for cats in the summertime! I hope you are all having a good summer (or winter), are staying safe, and having fun!

Have a great week,




9 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

So glad you had so much fun with Jasper Linda. It looks like you have far more space to work in now with things reorganised. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #15

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Oh my, that photo of you and Jasper is so gorgeous, that’s definitely one for scrapping! I’ve never made colour swatches before but did when I got my new watercolour paints and it’s amazing how often I use it.
Hugs LLJ 8 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

You look so happy with Jasper. Swatching is such a good idea. I did it for my colouring pencils and watercolours earlier this year. I haven’t done my acrylics yet. It’s so nice to have everything tidy - I wish I could keep it going! Happy WOYWW. Angela #13

Helen said...

What a great photo of you and Jasper! sounds like you both had a great time, apart from the sick day!! Love your tidy desk - want to come and sort mine out?! Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Lynnecrafts said...

A wonderful photo of you and Jasper! Glad you had a good time with them. Your fountain looks lovely. Enjoy your painting.
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 10

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, that is a gorgeous photo of you and Jasper what a sweetie. I love a fountain they are so relaxing. When I saw you tidy desk I thought it can't stay like that for long Lol! and I was right! Have a lovely belated woyww. Hugs, Angela x11x

BJ said...

What a fun time with your granddaughter, maybe you could do some geocaching with him when he's a bit older. I started it when my son was small. Tech is amazing isn't it, I couldn't do without my calendar reminders and google - LOL.
Loving the revamped desk and the paint swatches book thought. Yay! BJ#5

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry to be so late. Jasper is growing beautifully isnt she, so glad you had a fun week..apart from baby tummy bugs of course. All that and a desk re-vamp, blimey woman, you should be exhausted! The fountain looks lovely, I bet it’s so pretty at night dotted around with those lights. It must be lovely to be the wildlife water fountain!

Mary Anne said...

What a gorgeous tongues-out photo of you two! Adorbs! I too have made an attempt at a tidy up of my desk, and got my paints well sorted finally. Like you, I should swatch them but I tend to just think blue, grab a few and have at it. To be fair I am not PAINTING per se, just gel printing so it matters a whole lot less LOL! I agree that keeping it clean will be the challenge. For me too. Good luck :)
Late, but determined to DO BETTER this week!
Happy Tuesday! :D
Mary Anne (3)