Wednesday, July 20, 2022

WOYWW #685

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group! 


We've been hearing about all the heat and fires going on in Europe and Britain, I think about you all often hoping you are all OK and managing the heat as best you can. I'm sure it will be our turn soon. We are under a heat watch today, but our temperature right now in around 23°C, so far so good. And we just got a new AC unit, so the house is nice and cool, perfect for playing!

Here is my desk today, finally looking busy! I have to give a huge THANK YOU to Mary Anne who put a link to Collage Fodder School on her blog last week. I signed up for the free workshops (on the day they were done, thankfully they are up until the 28th!) and was totally hooked, and have since spent a small fortune on Collage Fodder School 1 and 2. I had never heard of it before Mary Anne mentioned it! (or at least didn't pay attention to it until I needed to-Mary Anne must have mentioned it before!)
Here is my desk this morning:


I am in the middle of making my latest "Peace Catcher" by Lucie Duclos from the Collage Fodder School free workshops, and I loved it so much I have made several and already given one away.
There each have 2 sides, so one photo is side one, the next is side two.








They are all hanging on my art room door!

Yesterday was hubby's birthday, so I made him this Pinterest inspired card:

Of course, that's Inky on the front, and Mittsy is inside!

I also made hubby a carrot cake with cream cheese icing which was so yummy! From now on, though, I think I will be making 6" cakes, not 8" cakes! Luckily we did have one person to share with, but she only took one slice...it's all gone now, straight to our hips!


And I replaced his floating fountain which stopped working this year with a newer and better one!

We have lots of water out for the birds and the squirrels who get very thirsty in the summer! Some don't like going to the fountain so I give options, this little one with the birds on it, and a bigger on in the shade. 
Inky and Mittsy are outside at the moment, but we will bring them in when the temperature goes up, they do like the AC!

Well I hope you all stay safe and cool, and have a lovely week,



5 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a happy week you’ve had! Happy Birthday to your hubby, that cake looks delicious and what a fab present for him. Also how brilliant that you signed up for the class Mary Anne mentioned and it’s turned out so well. Hope you enjoy the test of it just as much!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

Crafting With Jack said...

I passed the link to Mary Anne as I knew she did that type of thing, I am glad you picked it up from there. I haven’t done the peace catcher yet, I have made two little books from another session. When we get back home I shall be trying the geli plate one. Your peace catchers are fabulous, I really like them. Did you use napkins/serviettes? I have some of those in the caravan, it was cutting the circle out that was stopping me, my circles are not very good when hand cut. I feel a renewed need to have a go! Happy WOYWW. Angela #9

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I have had issues with posting here. I commented last week but it did not accept . I also enjoyed Fodder Challenge.just no free time for projects. Love your peace catchers glad you have air conditioning I would be a mess without it csje looks so yummy. I 1/2 my recipes or freeze 1/2 for later. Have a good week.

Crafting With Jack said...

Hi, I thought the Fodder School was a bit expensive and not much off for the early bird price. I looked up that chap, he has a YouTube site which I will be checking out later. I also found this https://gelliartsblog.com/2021/12/09/gel-printed-booklet-made-from-1-sheet-of-paper-by-gelli-artist-drew-steinbrecher/ Angela x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, I'm coming round to yours for some of that gorgeous cake though I bet there's not much of it left by now. The Peace Catchers are so nice, I got a really good feeling just looking at them. I need to have a look at the Collage Fodder School, sounds interesting. It was really hot here in Lincolnshire this week but has cooled down a bit today. Stay cool and have a very happy belated woyww, Angela x10x