Wednesday, April 27, 2022

WOYWW #673

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter. We were very happy to have our daughter and granddaughter home for Easter, but hubby got a severe gout (we think) attack on Easter Sunday, which sent him to bed as he couldn't put any weight on it at all. We were at emerg that night until 3:30am, with no diagnosis except that it could be gout. He's been in bed in excruciating pain ever since, and I have been his nursemaid (something I was not really cut out for, but doing my best!). I got the kids home to Toronto OK. Someone is coming to take his blood tomorrow so hopefully we can tell more what's happening. So needless to say, I haven't been much in the mood for anything "normal" lately, and I missed last week's WOYWW, but I have been in my art room a couple of times over the last two weeks.

Here it is this morning:


And some of the art journal pages from the last few weeks:



And, Easter pics! Even though hubby was bedridden, we continued on, and had my niece over for Easter dinner as planned, and the Easter Bunny came as he does every year!


We had a lovely array of appetizers, charcuterie is our favourite!


And then Easter dinner - bacon wrapped ham, scalloped potatoes and green beans Almondine. My niece brought cute Easter cupcakes for dessert. Jasper loved her Easter Basket and her giant Easter Bunny! Jasper is now crawling everywhere!


Mittsy kept a close eye on everyone from her perch!

Earlier that day we went on a walk in the woods, saw lots of Canada Geese and Mallard ducks in the water. It was a lovely day!


Well, that part of April was lovely, full of great memories, and now we are here, I'm looking after my bedridden hubby who I hope will heal quickly enough to be able to go to Jasper's 1st birthday party in May. 

I hope everyone has a great week, I will now go and catch up on all that I have missed! Inky and Mittsy say "Meow!"




3 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sounds like your Easter was happy and sad all at the same time. Hope hubby is feeling better soon, sounds awfully painful. Gorgeous journal pages Linda. I can see Mittsy found herself a good perch too. Wishing you a very happy woyww, Angela x9x

Sarah Brennan said...

Glad you were able to celebrate Easter with family Linda and really hope that your husband is back on his feet soon and that they get to the bottom of things. Love the journal pages! Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Diana Taylor said...

Oh dear, I do hope your hubby recovers very soon - gout can be horribly painful, but how lovely to see your gorgeous little granddaugher - it sounds like a time of ups and downs for you. I love your pages, the beautiful bright flowers are perfect for Spring time, I'm glad you've found time for a little arty creativity.
Have a good week,
Diana xx #12