Wednesday, April 10, 2024

WOYWW #775

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go HERE. Maybe you could join our little group!


Hello everyone! I missed last week because I was sick for a few days with a terrible cough, but all is well now! I did keep up with my 100 days challenge as I had several ATCs made at once and waiting to be posted, so that worked out well. Here is my desk this morning - it REALLY needs a tidy! 


I don't have much room to work anymore!

Here is the journal page you see on my desk:


We were lucky enough to be right on the path of the Solar Eclipse on Monday! It was such an incredible experience. We went down to the end of our street to a park, and watched it with some of our neighbors over Lake Ontario. It felt like we were on the edge of the world, especially as the eclipse became full.

This is what it looked like as we were sitting and watching the moon slowly cover the sun. It took about an hour, and it was a cloudy day, but we could see it clearly with our solar glasses, then all of a sudden it got very dark and very cold



This is during the full solar eclipse. It looks a lot brighter in the photo than it was, and I don't know why the camera translated it into a big ball of light, that isn't what we saw. The colours all along the horizon were incredible. And we could see tiny red lights going on across the lake on the windmills, and then, pretty quickly, it got light again, like someone turned on the light switch! It was kind of eerie, and very quiet.

Here are my collages from the last 2 weeks: My Butterfly ATC set





And then I found a bunch of cards I had made up a year or so ago, thinking I would have backgrounds ready for easy cards, but I never did use them...


So I decided to collage on them




I will finish up the cards, and then I'm starting a new lesson in my Fodder School 1...more collage! So it will be a little different than the previous lesson. I have learned so much just with this last lesson from Sarah Gardner.

I will leave you with this super cute photo of Mittsy, I was just going up the stairs the other day when I looked up and saw this


and had to snap a pic! Well, I hope everyone has a lovely crafty week, the kitties say "meow" to all their furry cousins out there!




11 comments:

Sarah Brennan said...

Still only making quick visits. Great photos. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #13

Therese said...

Awesome photos of the eclipse!! Once in a lifetime - next time in canada will be 2044!!

Great that you collaged your arty backgrounds for your cards!!

Can you please email me as I tried to email you and do not have your current email address??

HUGS!!!!!!

Therese
www.tmalakart.blogspot.ca

Crafting With Jack said...

The eclipse sounds like a brilliant experience. Your ATC’s and collages are lovely. I am finding a certain satisfaction in using up stuff I have had for ages. Happy WOYWW. Angela #4

Helen said...

what an amazing sight to see the eclipse - the time we had one here, it was so cloudy we saw nothing! I saw some amazing photos on tv and the BBC news website
You have been very productive this week! You do look as if you need a bit of space clearing on your desk!! Glad you are better too. Happy WOYWW Helen #1

Twiglet said...

Wonderful eclipse pics - lucky you to see it. Your artwork is beautiful - I love the butterflies. x x Jo

Julia Dunnit said...

What an incredible experience the eclipse must have been, especially over looking the lake to the edge of the world! Love that you've used old backgrounds to create new collages, what a great idea and a great outcome! Lucky you work so productively that you haven't fallen behind with the swaps, but I hope you really are feeling better, isn't being poorly just a horrid waste of time.

My name is Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing those eclipse photos - must have been very odd!! Some lovely art work on display today but I have to agree - I think you need to make some space to work!! Hope you are feeling better now. Have a good week, love n hugs Cindyxx #10

Mary Anne said...

LOL. that shot of Mittsy is cute as can be, and the eclipse photos are wonderful. Love the ATCs and I am on a mission to get my WOYWW anniversary ATCs done before the big day - or the crop, whichever is sooner! You desk looked like my desk a week ago so there is hope :)
Happy WOYWW!
Mary Anne (9)

BJ said...

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of the solar eclipse, what an amazing sky, I guess that was the edge of the shadow. Seeing it's effects on the earth is so much better than just a closeup of the actual eclipse like it was on the TV mostly.
SAD stands for Seasonal Affective Disorder and light therapy can help improve mood considerably.
Loving your pages, I must really work on my collage as yours are super.
Light bulb just arrived - hope it works....Hugs BJ#6

Kyla said...

ooh wow, how amazing to see the eclipse the last one I saw was in 1999 and agree they are amazing. Glad you are also feeling better now and wow, you have also been busy, some lovely makes. Also thanks for your tips re the masking fluid on my WOYWW blog I will dig out an old brush!
kyla

Neet said...

Thanks for the story and pictures of the eclipse. It took me back years ago to St Michels Mount in France where I saw the eclipse. I remember how eerie it went as the birds stopped singing and silence enveloped us all.
Love the collages but Mittsy takes the crown this week.
Hugs, Neet xx3