Wednesday, June 20, 2018

WOYWW #472

Another Wednesday, time to peek at each others desks and projects! If you want to know what WOYWW is, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html  and all will be revealed! 

Good morning! Here is my desk this morning:



started a new journal page!

Here is my last journal page:


 I haven't been able to add any words to this, I like it the way it is! I like the contrast of the"harsh modern" gear images with the soft flower image.

Here is the card I couldn't show you last week:


And I've added a few touches to my i-pad cover:

the magnet that holds the flap to the cover didn't work through the new stuff I added, so I glued on a bottle cap - fixed!


This past weekend we trimmed a few bushes along the side of the house that hadn't been touched in more than 20-25 years!



Looks much better now, and my little perennial garden has more sun now! And I can now continue with some more flowers along the base of the porch.

So that's it for me this week! I'm giving a Tapas birthday party for my DD this weekend, I will let you know how it went!


Inky and I wish you a Happy Solstice!!!



10 comments:

Sharon Madson said...

Lovely improvement to your garden area! I am sure it was a lot of work! About not putting words on your journal page: I can relate, even when I make a pretty background for a card, I think I don't want to miss it up with adding words. I love it the way it is, yours I mean. Happy WOYWW! #31

Helen said...

look at that beautiful garden! what a difference. Love your journal pages and cards you've been working on. Helen #'3

Hazel said...

Love everything you've shown today, especially that beautiful journal page. Thanks for sharing today - Hazel, WOYWW 472 #17 xx

glitterandglue said...

Hi Linda. Well done on all the gardening! The difference is huge. You've been busy in your art space, too. Well done.
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #2

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda that is one busy post today. Garden looks lovely and the red journal page is brilliant. Have a great woyww and happy crafty week, Angela x22x

Sarah Brennan said...

Hi Linda, love the finished journal page, no words needed! Clever work round the magnet problem on the iPad cover. The garden is looking great too. Have a good week and hope the tapas party goes well. Sarah #19

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My sincere apologies for the late visit. I had an internet meltdown that required a reboot from my carrier and a service repair person who came out and performed his magic.

I always enjoy seeing your desk and how you label everything. I adore your journal page, and believe journal pages do not always need words. Sometimes a mood is conveyed better that way.

That was a great fix on your i-pad cover. Clever thinking.

WOWSER on the yard work. Barely looks like the same house. And Inky looks adorable wearing a summer solstice hat. Happy belated WOYWW from #1.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Happy Summer Solstice Linda..
What lovely works of art you have for us always a treat, I totally agree about the *not needing words* upon your artwork, I often think it detracts from the beauty. Clever you for using the bottle cap, I will remember that the next time I have the same dilemma.
The cutting down of that bush reminding me of the secret garden, you'll be able to see a whole lot more now it's cut down but maybe so can the neighbours hee hee!
Tapas sounds like the best party, I could live on that food. Looks like Inky has started the party without you!!
Creative wishes & Thank you for sharing WOYWW.
Tracey #4

Caro said...

Your garden looks lovely and I love that journal page - it definitely doesnt need any words on it. The ipad cover is amazing! thanks for sharing. Take care. Caro x #24

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh those lovely greens willso benefit from being cut back and tended. It’s hard work isn’t it, rescuing and clearing, glad you’re enjoying the rewards. That journal page is super lovely, I’m with you about not covering it in words. Somebody wiser than me once said something about keeping silent rather than saying lots of nothing.....!