Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Monday and Tuesday

Got new batteries! Now I can show you what I was doing yesterday:

I cut a one inch square niche because I thought a page about fragrance should have a smell. My thoughts are to put some lavender buds in here.


I painted the hole. I'm going to put a netting over the hole to hold in the lavender and so the smell can escape. I hope it works!

And this is what I did today:



I played with my stencil! This is the same stencil I used for the crayon rubbing 4X4.


I used it on my new journal page. the 4 outside pieces looked like birds when i started tracing around them, so I gave them eyes! I love how this turned out. Like the Bandanna technique by Tim Holtz! The dots along the V are raised. I guess I'm in a dot stage - I've been using them a lot!

I was looking at a lot of Challenge Blogs this morning, and I came across this background technique blog. So I thought I'd give it a try, it's a tissue paper technique that I've done before, but it's always fun to play! She has several other background techniques to try as well.


After cutting the page into ATC sizes I did some doctoring. I used Memories Mist, some cat's eyes, some distress inks, and acrylic paint. I'll make ATC's from them tomorrow.

And last but not least, I made my first ever Moo Card. these things are tiny! I used the challenge at this site. A Moo Card is 2.8 x 7 cm. The theme was Asian, and next weeks theme is birds, so I did them both!



The rooster is covered with Dimensional Magic, a very clear glue that gives it a raised effect.

See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your journal page made with the stencil! Very nice.
Stacy