Thursday, July 03, 2008

I Look at Some Online Challenges

So, today I was wondering what I would do, since I had completed the things I needed to do. I worked on my Journal, adding some magazine cut-outs. I was looking for interesting images with colors that would go with what I had, nothing more. I found a few and added them. I glue these down with Liquitex Glazing Medium. It's liquidy, paints on smoothly with a brush, then I go over top of the image as well, like decoupage.

Below is the box of magazine cut-outs I keep. Just anything that catches my fancy!



As I was wondering what to do next, I remembered all the Challenge Blogs that I look at each week, and say "I don't have the time. . ." Well, now I do! So I chose 2 challenges to do in one -GPP Street Team (my fav) and 4X4 Friday. GPP Street team is doing stencils, very cool technique, using a crayon, rub the stencil with paper over top, then paint over with acrylic paint, spritz with water, and gently rub off. Easy! 4X4 wanted an orange and yellow color palette, so this is what I came up with:



But, it's not finished yet. I will leave it until tomorrow and we'll see what I come up with to finish it, if anything. (Image from Altered Pages)

So that's it for today!

No comments: