Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful Mother, who is always there for me. She is also an awesome artist, working in acrylics on masonite-very large paintings! You can see her work here. She has been a wonderful mother to me and my brother Ken, supporting us in whatever we decide we want to do with our lives.

This is the first time my daughter has been away on Mother's Day, usually we get the 3 generations together, but I guess that's what happens when they grow up. We talk everyday though, and she says "something's in the mail"!

I made this card for my mother from my new Green Pepper Press stamps from Michelle Ward. I love them! Her stamps are the swirls, the letters and the eggs. I made a pink egg for me and a blue egg for my brother. The doors open to reveal a photo of my brother and me when we were little (below). The shrine stamp is from Tin Can Mail (Inkadinkadoo). I used a thin gold Krylon marker for all the intricate celtic designs.

My Mother's Day gift to my Mom this year was a donation in her name to CCFCanada, some items to help third-world families. I know that Malaria is rampant in Africa, and the best defence is mosquito netting, so I donated two mosquito nets, and also a food hamper for a family of 5. I know my mother will be pleased to know that her gift will make a few other mothers very grateful. Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mother's out there!!

1 comment:

Gina said...

That was a brilliant idea to make a donation in her name! I am 4,000 miles away from my mom and although we talk several times a week, it would be rather special to honor her this way! Love those swirly stamps!