Wednesday, March 15, 2023

WOYWW #719

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


Hello everyone! We have a glorious sunny day today, though still  very cold at -5°C, feeling like -12°! I hope you are warming up for spring - I can't wait!

Here is my desk this morning, I'm working on a kind of star crown for the head on one of my pages that I didn't like. Hopefully this will fix it! I will show you next week if it did.


Last week I mentioned that I was going to make a few stamps of my own, and that is what I did this week! This is the most recent stamp - a fox!


And here is where I used it in my journal


Here are two more stamps I carved this week. I started with the girl, then wondered why hadn't I ever used "man" stamps, so I made one of those too


And this is how I used them in my journal




This page was a page I didn't like, it had a big orange butterfly where the man is now. I took it off and I had outlined in black around the butterfly, which was left on the page. Here is a great tip for removing things like that - use hand sanitizer! It came off easily with hand sanitizer and a Q-Tip! You can't tell at all that there was a butterfly outline behind the man! (I also carved his hat)

And this guy is just starting a new page





Here are some more pages I worked on this week:

Here is a Character Construction man stamp that I found...



I added words to this page


And to this page

The ladies open up...


Mittsy did survive her trip to the vet...apparently she is overweight. Oh well, she has a summer to run it off!


Next week it will be SPRING!!! It may not look like it, but things will be warming up, and the kitties and I can't wait! Have a great week, and "meow" from Inky and Mittsy!





8 comments:

Neet said...

Chin tickles to the cats.
Thank you so much for visiting my You Tube Channel and commenting - much appreciated.
Gosh, I am impressed with your carving stamps. I did it once and gave up. Wonder what I did with the stamp? Can't remember what it was even. I do like the fox especially but also impressed with your couple and so good to see you have used them in your journal.
Thanks for the tip, I am sure that will come in handy as often I have a mark on a page where it is not wanted, will try the hand sanitiser now.
It does look as if you have been busy making pages in your journal, you put me to shame. I managed one and that is all I seem to do each week. My journal day is tomorrow, Thursday and I link it to an American based challenge which is easy this month as it is 'anything goes'. I do like your lady page particularly.
Take care, Spring is just around the corner, we keep having snow but not much really - not compared with what you get certainly.
Hugs, Neet xx

Lynnecrafts said...

Very impressed with your carved stamps. I love the fox and your journal pages are beautiful.
Thanks for the hand sanitiser tip - it could come in very useful.
Bella and Gracie send purrs. Bella gets told she's overweight by the vert - she's so greedy but she runs around like mad.
Take care and happy WOYWW
hugs
Lynnecrafts 12

Sarah Brennan said...

Loving those carved stamps Linda especially the man in the hat. Wonderful pages and a great tip about the hand sanitiser. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Hope it warms up a bit soon. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW Sarah #3

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh my word, still negative temperatures! No wonder you and the girls can’t wait for real spring! I mean a lovely bright sunshine day is wonderful, but it will be even more so when you can fling open a door without holding your breath! Sorry to hear that Mittsy is overweight, good grief, I agree, she’ll run it off just as soon as the weather allows for Mittsy type prowling! Wow, just wow on your carved stamps, I love them and already you’ve proved how fantastically useful they are…love the hat changing, makes a completely different image! Your journal,pages are lovely, your lettering is so confident, am a bit envious!

Helen said...

I hope we've had enough of minus temperatures... hope you keep warm. love the journal pages. happy WOYWW and thanks for stopping by earlier. Helen #1

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the jopurnal pages and the stamps are brilliant. I especially like the boy and girl they are lovely. Hope it warms up where you are soon. It's up and down where we are. Wishing you a very happy asnd creative woyww, Angela x11x

BJ said...

Adore your handmade stamps and what you have done with them - amazing! I think your guys are super, well done you. Hugs BJ#14

Crafting With Jack said...

Your handmade stamps are fabulous. I am really impressed. Did they take long to do and was much effort required to do the carving? Last week I made two stamps with foam sheets although I have not had a chance to use them. Angela #7