Wednesday, September 14, 2022

WOYWW #693

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group!


First, I would like to extend my deepest condolences for the passing of Queen Elizabeth II. She was a well loved person here in Canada as well and will be missed.

Next, my desk today, pretty clean! Working with packing tape transfers today.


The rest of today's post is going to be a long one with lots of photos. My travel journal is now finished, so I can show it to you. I pre-prepared this journal before the trip, putting something on every page. I have found in the past that whatever I put on my pages tends to work out with whatever is happening on that page. I pre-prepared the page that says "secrets" with the tag underneath, not knowing what secret I might find! But there it was, on the right page...

The first few pics are a couple of the of the pre-prepared pages ready to go that I hadn't finished by the time I got home



And here is what I brought with me on my travels:


And here is what was inside:



This view shows the beaded bag full of pens, my mini-printer, and my large watercolour set, as well as my Fodder Keeper, scissors, brushes,  and jar for water


my mini-photo printer (sadly now obsolete as I used up all the film I had, and they don't make the film any more). I didn't use any of the Distress inks. Scissors and a jar for water.



My Fodder Keeper, which I did use, brushes and watercolours which I did use, but I didn't have time to use the watercolour paper. I brought 2 boxes of watercolours, this one and a larger one with more colours that I used a lot.


I used all of these except for the corner punch and the blue pen. I picked up the oyster shell in Lunenburg.


And here is the finished journal:

I got some added charms in Peggy's Cove


 I added the dates (in the circles) that I had pre-prepared, and the blue thistle flower from my Fodder Keeper. I also painted on the stripes for writing (on all the pages, as I went), an idea I got from Willa's blog https://www.willawanders.com/ (she did hers a little differently)

I added the umbrella man and the rainbow from my Fodder keeper,  both are tuck spots for my first photos (from my mini-printer). The angel at the bottom right was one of my favourite pieces from the Beaverbrooke Gallery.

I added the flower to the page on the left


I added the pink flower to this page along with the photos, and pieces cut from business cards from the restaurants we ate at


This was the middle of my book, so I added two little "booklets" for photos, which hold 4 photos each. They are folded and tucked under the string fastening the book together, and held there with Washi Tape. This was done at home.




I added the leaves and the blue daisy, and used Washi Tape to add the booklet from the funeral.


This is the page with the "Secret" on it...I did add the secret photo before we got home. I used a Tim Hotlz die to hold the photos at the bottom.


The "secret" that I knew nothing about beforehand!


The fairly uneventful trip home



I added the leaf stamp and rain/cloud/umbrella stamps after the trip - I carved them myself! Interestingly, the stencil I used on this page is reminiscent of the torrential rain we had just before we got home! The envelope was pre-prepared. Also note that we travelled 2,387.929 miles, or 3,843 kilometers on our trip!

This is what is in the envelope


Last two photos! This page noted all the cool things and things I was grateful for, and the route we took through Nova Scotia.


I love making travel journals, I have several now!

I hope you enjoyed my book, now back to real life!

Inky and Mittsy say "meow". and I say have a lovely week!






7 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Wow you have been busy, how wonderful to keep all your holiday memories so fresh. I loved the tokens from Peggy’s Cove.
Hugs LLJ 6 xxx

Sarah Brennan said...

What an absolutely fantastic travel journal Linda and such great packing of craft supplies for your trip too. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW, Sarah #2

Crafting With Jack said...

Your travel journal is fabulous. What did you carve your leaf stamp out of because I really like it. Happy WOYWW. Angela #7

Helen said...

oh, Linda, what an amazing travel journal, I love every page! what a truly special memory of the trip. Helen #3

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, I have to admit that I'm late getting round everyone today because we've been to the seaside for a day out, first time since Covid started so it made a lovely change and as hubby said let's go who was I to turn it down. Also we have a new puppy so it was her first time to see the sea. Your journal is brilliant, so much work done to complete it too and such great memories of your trip. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x12x

Neet said...

It really was a lovely trip, despite the sad ending, and deserves a special book to commemorate it. I love how you say you have several travel journals, that is something i always intended to do but never got around to - despite collecting souvenirs on the way. I probably could do some as I do have bags and envelopes with things still in for that sole purpose. I did one once, for China, and that ended up in several volumes but it was a lifetime trip for me.
You certainly packed your bag up well with supplies, it looks like the Tardis from Dr Who, a small bag that just keeps giving and giving as you unpack it.
Have a lovely weekend
Hugs, Neet xx 4

Susan Renshaw said...

What a fabulous travel journal!
Loved the pictures of your art bag and its contents!

Happy WOYWW!

I am determined to call and comment on all of you this week, even if late!
Susan #5
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!