Wednesday, August 11, 2021

WOYWW #636

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group! 

Hello everyone!  I hope you are all well, safe and happy! We have had lovely weather here up until a day or so ago, when the temperatures have gotten hot and very humid. Time to stay indoors and craft for awhile! Yesterday I went for lunch with a very good friend that I haven't seen since last summer, when we braved an outdoor lunch together. This year will be outdoors again, but now we are both fully vaccinated! We had a lovely time!


Here is my desk today:


The red flower thing on my page is a workshop I did for my Art Party weekend, the only one I've tried so far. It used real flower petals, watercolours, and torn paper, then the idea was to take pictures, and use the photos.




And I actually managed to make 2 journal pages this week!

The wings and the hands below were both part of a Mhindi set of stencils. The people are Dina Wakely. The words above are Tim Holtz.

The above was funny, I completed the writing on both hands, half the quote on each hand, when I realized I had done it upside down! That is why the complete quote is on both hands! I guess I was prepared for the worst!

I promised you last week I would show you my completed written in journal this week, so here it is. I use a Kodak Mini to print my photos. 














At some point I will make a new journal and pop in the envelope with the little journal in it.

Well that's it for today, the cats are outside for a little while but today we have a heat warning, so they will be in air conditioned comfort pretty soon! Have a great week, and "meow" from Inky and Mittsy!




13 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Hope this is linked up ok! The red flower is gorgeous, I love what you’ve been doing with it and the hands made me smile! You’ve been so productive this week, putting me to shame, lol!
Hugs LLJ 6 xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

So pleased you were able to meet up with a friend I think we all need to get away from the house for a while if we can do it safely. The flowers are gorgeous, love them very much. Well done with the journal pages too. Wishing you a very happy woyww. Hugs, Angela x14x

Helen said...

Glad you have been able to meet up with your friend,just what you need! Loving the "handy! project and also your journal project. stay safe from the heat. Happy WOYWW Helen #2

Lynn Holland said...

I love what you did with the flowers and would love to know more about it. Is there a link I can look at ?
Your journal project is rather fabulously too. Such a great way to make memories
Have a good creative week
Lynn # 13

Sarah Brennan said...

Wow you have been busy journaling this week Linda. Love the mini journal and the flower journal page in particular. My brother in BC finally got his first vaccine a couple of weeks ago. Hope the weather becomes more comfortable soon. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #5

StampinCarol said...

Gorgeous flower!
And love your journal!
Have a great week!
Carol N #20

Crafting With Jack said...

Oh dear I hope the heat doesn’t get too hot! Love the red flower idea,those petals are so vibrant. Great little journal too, full of memories. Have a great weekend Angela #9

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

What a lovely little scrapbook filled with precious memories and I like your journal pages as well. It's nice that you were able to meet up with your friend - things are getting back to normal around here too. Enjoy your weekend! xx zsuzsa #19

Susan Renshaw said...

I have just done two of the ART Party workshops so far. Hope to find time for more.
Loved looking at your little journal.
Happy WOYWW!
Stay safe and keep well!
Susan #27
Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

Mary Anne said...

Your flower is fab. I love your little journal book as well - and I agree, the misty washed out photo is worth keeping. Love the other journal pages too, but really, that flower...so yummy!

Happy so very late WOYWW.
Mary Anne (1)

Shoshi said...

I love the flower, Linda - what an intriguing idea, with lots of creative potential. Also your holiday journal is a delight. I love the vintage colour scheme. Give Inky and Mittsy a cuddle from me and I hope they manage to keep cool as things heat up again for you in Canada.

Good news this week - I don't require chemo! However, we've had a pretty dreadful week - more news on my blog on Wednesday. All's well now, though.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #11

Julia Dunnit said...

I love the holiday journal, it is just fab. And yep, those white waters look incredibly dangerous, but quite mesmerising! Also makes me want to rush out and buy a mini printer, the pic sizes are really good!
I have heard from Norton again and had a follow up to see if everything’s ok, they have changed the blog setting to safe and I can only assume that means that you and a few others can access it OK again. I’m assuming that because no one has contacted me again!!

Shoshi said...

Thank you for your visit, Linda, and for you kind words about my not having to have chemo. It is a huge relief. The other treatments look to be pretty awful, though... I'm glad you enjoyed the kitty video. Before we got the deep box, they had litter all over the floor and it was a terrible mess. They soon got used to hopping over the steep sides. It's transparent so they can see out. This afternoon I finished the die storage and will soon start on my stamps. Like you, I haven't done any Zentangle for ages but really must get back into it as it's tremendous fun and relaxing too. I don't mind how much time it takes really. We had the rest of the first batch of Gazpacho on Friday and I'm happy to report that it freezes extremely well. Highly recommented - delicious! We had a very difficult beginning of this WOYWW week but all is well now - more news on Wednesday.

Shoshi x #11