Wednesday, May 12, 2021

WOYWW #623

 Another Wednesday, time for a peek at each other's desks and projects! If you would like to learn more, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html. Maybe you could join our little group! 

Hello! Today is the first sunny, warm(ish) rain free day we've had in awhile now! The temperature will actually go up to 15°C (59°F), a temperature we haven't felt for at least a month!

Well, lets get to desks, I haven't created any art this week, the week has flown by, I only got around to replying to everyone yesterday! I don't know where the days go! In the pandemic lockdown with "nothing" to do and nowhere to go you would think I have lots of time! But I have gotten onto such a scheduled routine of things I have wanted to do, that the days fly by.

So here is my desk, I'm still working on gluing unmounteds and getting them in their proper places.


I do have some tidying up to do!

I have wanted to properly play the piano for decades. I've always had a piano, I've taken a few lessons here and there, but now the the pandemic I decided to give it a real try, complete with daily practicing, so I am taking an online piano course called Piano in a Flash with Scott Houston. I'm already on course 4! The last song I learned was "Great Balls of Fire"! I'm having a great time, learning a LOT, and going at my own pace.


I also go for a walk every day in my quest to lose some weight, which seems to be working. Right now, these are the flowers I'm seeing most of - do you know what it's from?



We have lots of these beautiful trees in my neighborhood, they are Magnolia trees! They bloom before there are leaves on the trees, and last only a couple of weeks.

This is what I see from my backyard window almost everyday...

                 Papa fox babysitting! This is a close-up, here is the real view


Only one yard over!

Sunday was Mother's Day here, my lovely daughter sent me a surprise...

A Frida Paint-by Number! Should be fun!
And we had a feast from a local restaurant, this was mine:

So delicious!

Well that's it from me today, here is Inky doing her favourite thing
Rooting through the garbage to find a piece of paper to play with! She and Mittsy say "meow" and I say "have a wonderful week" 

Mittsy says "Get your Vaccine!"
and "Good for you!" if you have it!








10 comments:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The weather has been up and down here too. I thought last year went slowly but this year is just going so fast. I absolutely love magnolia though sadly the flowers don't last very long but they are beautiful. Nice to see the wildlife managing to survive even if we do get in their way sometimes. Lovely kitty pics too. Sending lots of woyww hugs, Angela x17x

Shoshi said...

Lovely post, Linda. I love your messy desk with so many interesting things going on! Well done, learning the piano. I used to play when I was at school but haven't done so since. I got up to about Grade 5. Gorgeous magnolia! Ruby says "Hi" to Inky and agrees that rootling around in the rubbish is her favourite thing, too - she hooks things out with her paw and plays with them, and never, ever, puts them back. Ah well. She also likes sleeping in my hubby's big waste bin in his office. Have fun with your painting by numbers - that brings back memories, too - my sister and I used to do a lot of those when we were growing up. Lovely that there's been a revival recently, with more grown-up themes too, like adult colouring. So glad you had a happy Mother's Day!

Thank you for your visit last week, and for your good wishes - update on this week's blog post. Also on the kitty throw - I'm now working on the border and it's FUN! I looked up Anthony Bourdain (who I hadn't heard of before) but couldn't find any falafel recipes by him, but I did find another one that I am keen to try. I think sibling kitties are more likely to cuddle up together than unrelated ones. Beatrice and Phoebe never did, but our present pair of little twins can't get enough of it! Lots of mutual washing too, although it's Ruby who does most of the work because Lily's a lazy lump.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi x #24

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Lots of good things to see here today, two things stand out, the Frida Kahlo colour in and the fact that you’re learning the piano, well done you. Having learned piano and cello from a young age, I learned to play a brass instrument in my 40s and I love it! I bet you’re better at practicing too.
Hugs LLJ 7 xx

Helen said...

well I recognised the magnolia, they are magnificent - have been wonderful here this spring - what a lovely way to spend mother's day. and the Frida paint by number looks fun! Have a great week. Helen #5

Mary Anne said...

We also have a magnolia but have not seen a fox since we moved to Dorset. Don't miss the screaming at night at ALL. The Frida painting kit looks like fun, much more fun than a desk tidy LOL! Enjoy your piano.

being brief, with still sluggish internet
Mary Anne (2)

Sarah Brennan said...

We have a Magnolia in our garden too - no foxes though Linda. That's a lovely Mothers Day gift and meal! Well done for finally taking up the piano. My brother in BC does online music lessons (Patrick Heatherley Music Studio). He started with the cello at age 6 (we had a string quartet in the family) and moved onto piano and oboe too. I had piano lessons too but didn't keep it up. Meow to Inky and Mittsy. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Neet said...

Do be sure to tell Mittsy I have had both my vaccines now.
My word you are a busy bee, I am somehow producing nothing - I just need to get in the mood and get started and then all will be done in a shake. it's that first incentive that is missing.
Lovely gift from your daughter and what a lovely card.
So that fox is more or less in the next property to you? Wow. How lucky to see him so close.
Hugs, Neet 6 xx
ps my magnolia is a different variety - I prefer this one to mine.

Caro said...

I love the long view of your desk. The foxes are gorgeous - how lovely to have them close by. What a fantastic idea to take up the piano while you have the time. I had lessons as a child but never really got to grips with reading two lines of music and putting two hands together - I was much better singing or playing the clarinet. Happy WOYWW (a day late!). Take care and stay safe, With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#19)

Crafting With Jack said...

A messy desk is a happy desk,- as long as you can find everything🤣. How wonderful to see the foxes. I. Ever really worked hard enough with the piano. Magnolia trees are beautiful. Have a great week Angela #10

Lisa-Jane said...

We're in a magnolia rich area too - you guys must have acidic soil there? They are stunning but oh so short lived. Your desk is always calling me to have a root around there. Apologies for the delay but I was taken ill Wednesday afternoon and I'm only just coming out of it! Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #4