Wednesday, April 21, 2021

WOYWW #620

 Another Wednesday, time to peek at each others desks and projects! If you want to know what WOYWW is, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html  and all will be revealed! 

Greetings to all of you out there in internet land! Here is what I saw when I woke up this morning...


Hopefully it will be gone soon! What a shock Mittsy got this morning when she went out!

And this was yesterday...


Our friend Mr Fox sat across the street staring at the house for awhile - was he thinking about Mr. Cardinal, or the cats? We will never know!

Here's my desk this morning, no art this week as I just finished putting all my new stamps in their rightful places, and now I'm working on unmounting and doing the same thing with some stamps I haven't done yet. These are all my tag stamps and journal stamps.


Someone asked about my process with the rubber I got from Viva Las Vegas, so I will show you in case anyone else is interested as well. 













And that's it. The only difference with changing mounted to unmounted is removing them from the blocks, which I do by heating the rubber with my heat gun for a few seconds, until the glue is soft, then they pull right off. And then I chop off excess rubber.

Best news of the day though is...I got my vaccine appointment! I will get my first vaccine next Thursday! I was beginning to think I would never get it...

I hope all of you have had your jab or will be getting it soon!

So that's it for me today. Mittsy is sulking somewhere and Inky is here waiting for me to finish this. Have a great week!







10 comments:

StampinCarol said...

Great job on unmounting and organizing your stamps! I remember doing that and love Alene's TIO&O. I still have a bunch of stamps in my stash like this!
Hope all goes well with your shot. Thanks for popping by and have a great week!
Carol N #24

Lisa-Jane said...

Good grief! Snow?! But what a beautiful scene yesterday with the gorgeous cardinal and fox. So the glue you put on the back of the stamps is so that it stays tacky and you can then use a a stamp block like a clear silicone stamp, is that right? Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #5

Mary Anne said...

I love Tack it - so much better than the alternatives. I do like the addition of the sticker sheet - I stamp onto plain paper and slip that into the pocket sleeve. I's OK but the sticker sheet would be an improvement! Good luck with your shot!
Sidetracked momentarily by a new project but determined to visit ALL today! :D
Mary Anne (1)

Helen said...

love the storage/stickers very organised. Hope the snow has gone by now! Glad you're finally getting the jab! Take care and happy WOYWW Helen #4

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The weather is all over the place at the moment, one moment it's sunny and the next it's frosty or snowing but guess that's spring for you. Great job with the stamps too. You take care and have a very happy creative woyww, Angela x12x

Crafting With Jack said...

Wow! Snow! And Gosh! A fox and a cardinal in your garden. Lastly, brilliant way to organise your stamps. Happy WOYWW and have a great week Angela #3

Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith said...

Hi Linda! We had the exact same weather here last week! Snow in the morning, bright Spring sunshine by mid-day! That fox looks very determined so close to the houses! I always chase away the ones around here as I'm not sure Oreo would come out on top in a fight - although I have caught him playing with a young fox cub a couple of years ago - not a match for daddy fox though! Love your stamp storage system! I would need something like that too - I just have mine dumped in a box. Happy belated WOYWW! xx zsuzsa #15

Sarah Brennan said...

Thank goodness you finally have your first jab appointment Linda. Hope all is well with minimal side effects. Helpful step by step for dealing with rubber stamp storage. I avoid wooden backed stamps now as they take up so much more space. Meow to Inky and mittsy and boo hiss to Mr Fox. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Shoshi said...

Oh my goodness, Linda, more snow! It's mid-April! So much for global warming... Poor kitties getting their paws all cold again. Ours have been enjoying romping around in the lovely spring weather we are having here. What a lot of work with your rubber stamps, but they are all looking fantastic, and great organisation.

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi x #20

Susan Renshaw said...

Great process with the Viva Las Vegas stamps.
Loved the differences in the first photos!
Happy WOYWW!
Susan #14