Wednesday, April 01, 2020

WOYWW #565

Another Wednesday, time to peek at each others desks and projects! If you want to know what WOYWW is, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html  and all will be revealed!

First, apologies to you all, I wasn't able to get to my internet last week as hubby is working from home and we can't both use it at the same time (apparently) I guess it's just too slow when we do. Also my browser crashes a lot. I did read your comments, and appreciated them all. This week hubby isn't working as much so I have more internet time. I am also having to apply for Employment Insurance, along with a million other people, so that takes a lot of time too. Still haven't completed it!

Anyway...I have been at my desk this week, making more cards to send out, and working on my journal that I hadn't worked in for almost a year!

Here is my desk today:

doesn't look busy at the moment, but it has been!

My cards:



The elk is for my brother, I thought he'd like it better than flowers!

Here is the first journal page for 2020 in one of journals...



and here is an envelope I made for a future journal page: I made it from a window envelope



the white film tag on the bottom is from Bohemian Crafting, it will act as the closure. there are two slots inside for tags etc.

We are still in isolation, the number of cases in our city is going up, but not to staggering numbers. The general public seems to mostly be adhering to the new rules of the day, and staying home.

Here are Inky and Mittsy sharing some Spring sunshine!



Have a great week, I will be able to reply and comment this week as hubby's workload isn't as much as it was. Inky and Mittsy say "meow!" and stay safe!




15 comments:

glitterandglue said...

Hi Linda - lovely cards there all ready to send out. Keeping lines of communication open is just so important at the moment, isn't it? I'm sure the recipients will love their card!
Take care. Stay safe. God bless.
Margtret #8

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I'm glad you're safe and sound, even though there's all the worry about jobs, Interwebs etc etc. Keep on crafting and thank goodness for communications.
Keep safe and well,
Hugs LLJ 4 xx

Helen said...

Glad you are staying safe and joining in this week - slow internet is the pits! Apparently mine here is bad (according to work when they tried to remotely install some programme or other on the work computer I'm using!) Ah well..... it works most of the time! Helen #3

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Linda I know what you mean about internet overload we used to have this a couple of years ago luckily it's much better now and able to cope with 4 work loads at a time, doesn't make me type any quicker though she says one finger typing hee hee.. Lovely cards especially love the first one, striking red against the black. Take care of each other & the kitties, we will get through this, WoywW Hugs Tracey #25

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Linda, pleased to hear you're sharing the computer nicely. Great journal page and it's good to see the kitties enjoying the sunshine. Take care and have a lovely woyww and a happy creative week, Angela x18x

sandra de said...

We are all experiencing the new norm or having to negotiate space, internet usage and time to ourselves. Lovely collection of cards and I think the deer will be a hit. Stay safe and keep crafting.
Sandra de @16

Sarah Brennan said...

Life certainly is different at the moment Linda. Schools are open in the UK but only for vulnerable children and the children of key workers wh have no safe alternative child care. We have had 14 pupils at the most in on any one day (out of 400+) so the majority are staying at home. Love the cards and the journal. Meow to the kitties, stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #4

Lillianb said...

Happy belated WOYWDW

Thank you for you visit and comment on my blog, Love the cards and that Elk is stunning Linda, Great journal page and envelope,

Lilian B#9

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Linda, some gorgeous cards there. Love the journal, and the envelope art. Stay Safe, Hugs, Shaz #7 X

Camilla Fisher said...

My hubby is also working from home. He brought 3 computers from the office and seems to be using the entire internet!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Good Morning Linda, some great photos to start my morning visits. I had to take a countryside walk with having our scarce SUNSHINE. and today COLD once again. Such changes. No real spring here, but the rains have changed the grass to green and a few buds, lots of birds. Great cards and I love your journal page. The one thing I do love it your print is bigger and I can truly see it much better. I am having eye issues on small print and a week color is almost impossible to read. I am missing our breakfast outings with friends, most everything is closed. Our area is good, but we are staying in, the 3 bigger cities are hit harder and scary with my son and family in the midst. Stay safe and enjoy all that comes your way

Shoshi said...

Great projects, Linda - I love the use of the window envelope and all those vintagey pieces. The kitties look so happy on the windowsill enjoying a bit of sunshine! As someone pointed out on my blog, our kitties have no idea of social distancing! I got some really cute photos this week.

Stay safe and well, keep smiling, and happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #26

lisa said...

Morning Linda. Sorry to be such a late visitor this week. It's taken me awhile to get round. Love all your cards, you have been busy and your kitties are just gorgeous. They always enjoy a sunny spot don't they?
Glad you are safe and sound.
Have a good week and take care
Hugs Lisax #19

Neet said...

Oh to be a cat with no worries about a virus or much else I guess. Of course I would need a good home to be a happy cat, perhaps if I was one Inky and Mittsy would let me live with them.
Good news when you hear your numbers are not going up much, I have stopped listening to the news as much but I do like to catch the headlines so I don't miss anything and read the figures each day for my area and those of friends.
Good to see you have been so productive with cards and journaling - keep on going and you will be able to have a shop of your own.
Stay safe and well
Hugs, Neet 2 xx

Julia Dunnit said...

Sorry I’m late Linda! Love the envelopes, specially the use of the window - clever idea. Cute tags. Glad you’re managing to stay safe, doesnt matter about commenting so much as us knowing that you’re OK. There’s the rumblings here of government getting involved in supplying extra super good broadband because it’s now proven how many people can work from home. Would be great...one thing you dont wanna share!! Stay well gal. Xxxx