Wednesday, November 28, 2018

WOYWW #495

Another Wednesday, time to peek at each others desks and projects! If you want to know what WOYWW is, just go to http://www.stamping-ground.blogspot.ca/p/what-is-woyww.html  and all will be revealed!

Greetings to everyone! I hope everyone is well, happy, and crafty! It is pretty much winter here in Eastern Ontario, everything is snow covered and very pretty. It's always pretty at the beginning! Here is a peek through the window in my front door:



Here is my desk this morning:

I'm still working on DD's gift, finally got the paper, and I have finished 2 pages so far!

We went to a wonderful Inn on the weekend for our annual Christmas get-together (over 40 years now!) of University friends. The "boys" all used to live together in a house during their Uni years, and most of us wives were there as well. 



So beautifully decorated for Christmas!
There were 3 large trees, each very different!



And foxes in front of the fire place!


and we all had a fantastic weekend! Can you find me? I am actually the oldest of this group. . .



And so the weekend got me into the Christmas mood. . .



Here is my Advent Calendar waiting to be opened on Saturday - there are tiny ornaments behind each door to put on the tree. The last door has baby Jesus to add to the family below.


Hope you are getting onto the Holiday spirit as well! Inky is settling into her indoor winter life (but not too happy with it!)
So she says "meow", and  I say " have a great week!"



8 comments:

Claire said...

Really looking a lot like Christmas around you! Wet, windy and blah around here :/
Happy WOYWW :)
Claire, no. 9

Helen said...

How very festive! Not enjoying the very wet weather we have here right now, but it's better than snow! Hope you have a great week and thanks for visiting already. Helen #5

Heather M said...

Hi Linda, great photo of you all, and that's wonderful that you still have your get together after all these years. We've just started having a family get together for my siblings and families, this weekend will be our third annual one. We can't think why we didn't do it earlier. I will definitely be in the Christmas mood after that! Have a lovely week Heather x #8

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Everyone seems to be celebrating Christmas early this year but don't know why! Great photographs too. Happy woyww, Angela x16x

Sarah Brennan said...

Oh dear, Inky does look rather fed up about being inside already Linda. Hope the winter isn't too bad or long. The place where you had your get together looks amazing and I love your Christmas decor and Advent calendar. Happy WOYWW and meow to Inky. Sarah #10

Shoshi said...

What a lovely reunion you had, Linda, and what an absolutely gorgeous setting for it. That house is stunning... All so beautifully decorated too. You must have had such fun getting together again. Nice busy desk, too! Thank you for your visit - I couldn’t resist taking that photo of Lily and Ruby sitting in the absolutely identical position like two little bookends! They do look very alike superficially, but like parents of identical twins, we don’t have any trouble telling them apart. Ruby has a white nose and Lily a grey one for starters. Ruby has little white knee socks pulled up at the back, one of which has a “dirty” mark on it - a little oval of grey - and Lily has less white on her. Just feeling them, you can tell them apart too, because Lily’s fur is incredibly soft - the softest kitty we’ve ever had. This developed over the space of about 3 days when they were kittens, which was amazing.

Yes, practice makes perfect with the bread! I am now pretty certain I’ve got it cracked, and have learnt that success is all down to the dough handling.

So glad you like the flowers! I will contact you with details on how to make them in due course - I’ve got a very busy few days ahead, especially if I’m going to finish the mystery project in time, and I’ve just realised I’m out all day on Saturday as well. So bear with me... Hope I can find an email contact on your blog - off to have a look!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #1

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Linda, looks like you had an amazing weekend. The place you stayed is gorgeous.Love your decorations too. Meow back to Inky. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What a wonderful weekend away! Great company and an atmospheric place to stay. I loved all the decorations, no wonder it put you in a Christmassy mood!
Hugs LLJ 2 xxx